Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan for car

Options
  • 27-11-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm thinking of getting a loan for a used car sometime next year, never got a loan before and I was wondering how likely it is I could get one? I'm 21, in full time employment training to be a professional in second of a five year contract. I live with my parents and my net wages per month after all expenses is around €1,000, I have about €7,000 saved up. Looking at a loan for about €6,000 over 24 months what are my chances of getting one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

my advise is don't borrow to buy a car even if a bank is willing to lend to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Agreed. €5k will buy a really good used car these times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Would you not just use your savings to buy the car? It would save you a small fortune in interest charges.

Advertisement