Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog is dead Council looking for dog licence

• 27-11-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi
    I hope you can help me.
    Basically I got a warning to show a dog licence in my letter box today, the inspector came out and said I had to produce it in 10 days.
    This would be fine except my dog is dead.
    To be honest it p*ssed me off as it just reminds me how much I miss my dog.

Anyway just wondered, do the inspectors just take your word that the pet is no longer alive or do I invite them to come out again and inspect my place?
    What way does it work?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just tell them you no longer have the dog. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

That's great thanks for that.
    It just brought the death back to me and threw me.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

For others to avoid this situation when you get your licence renewal notice inform the council that you no longer have the dog and ask for confirmation of your correspondence. That way your dog will be removed from the register and you wont have any follow up.

OP sorry you lost your dog - we lost one of our last year and we still miss her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

As far as I know, you're meant to inform the council in writing that a dog has died. They will then remove the dog from the register. So, unpleasant as your experience was, if they hadn't been notified, they can't be blamed for doing their job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I would query does their job provide value for money or simply another government tax by another name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Manach wrote: »
    I would query does their job provide value for money or simply another government tax by another name.

Let's not pull this thread off-topic with such a red herring argument.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement