Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro sim

• 27-11-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Getting an iPhone 4s over the next few weeks but due to the fact I've accrued the nickname ''destroyer of phones'' and the reasoning behind that nickname(13 phones broken over the last 6 months including an IP-67 certified phone) I shall be leaving the iPhone at home for work and drinking as they are the times I am statistically most likely to break a phone and use my 25 quid piece of sh1t phone instead...would Vodafone be able to issue a micro-sim and a regular sized sim for the work/beer phone or what can I do?...also can anyone recommend a good strong protective (prefferably bulletproof :P) case? Thanks for any help its much appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Depp wrote: »
    would Vodafone be able to issue a micro-sim and a regular sized sim for the work/beer phone :D

Yes of course they can .. with seperate numbers of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

didnt think theyd be able to have two on the same number...feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Getting an iPhone 4s over the next few weeks but due to the fact I've accrued the nickname ''destroyer of phones'' and the reasoning behind that nickname(13 phones broken over the last 6 months including an IP-67 certified phone) I shall be leaving the iPhone at home for work and drinking as they are the times I am statistically most likely to break a phone and use my 25 quid piece of sh1t phone instead...would Vodafone be able to issue a micro-sim and a regular sized sim for the work/beer phone or what can I do?...also can anyone recommend a good strong protective (prefferably bulletproof :P) case? Thanks for any help its much appreciated :D

You can pick up a cheap microsim adapter on ebay and use that. Just pop the microsim in and it converts it to a regular sim which will work in any phone.

One of these for example for only €1.22

top idea!...they work well yeah?

DubDJ wrote: »
    You can pick up a cheap microsim adapter on ebay and use that. Just pop the microsim in and it converts it to a regular sim which will work in any phone.

One of these for example for only €1.22

I didnt realise they were available... But that means removing the sim every time you go for a pint.

• Advertisement

if it saves a broken 600 quid phone i wont mind too much...is the sim awkward to remove?

top idea!...they work well yeah?

Yeah i've used one for the iPhone 4 and 5. Microsim and Nanosim. Just used the Adapter in my normal phone while I was waiting on my iPhone 4. Then when it arrived I had the Microsim ready to go. Same with my 5 and the nanosim. If you ever wanna put the sim into a new phone just put it in the adapter and slot it in.

But as the above poster said it's a pain to have to keep switching sims. Best option I can think of though.

if it saves a broken 600 quid phone i wont mind too much...is the sim awkward to remove?

No its not you get a little tool with the phone for popping it out (or use a paperclip) just make sure you wait on the pints before you do it :D

or it will be like a lunar landing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

As regards the cover you should invest in an otter box for about €40, well worth getting

thanks a bunch guys...them otter box cases look class...ill order one of them adapter jobbies so... I'm switching from pay as you go to pill bay as well so will the sim I have at the minute be cancelled and a micro sent out with my iPhone or what's the story? I heard somewhere I can just trim my current sim and it will work fine?

• Advertisement

thanks a bunch guys...them otter box cases look class...ill order one of them adapter jobbies so... I'm switching from pay as you go to pill bay as well so will the sim I have at the minute be cancelled and a micro sent out with my iPhone or what's the story? I heard somewhere I can just trim my current sim and it will work fine?

They might sent a blank Microsim out. You can ring up or drop into a shop and ask them to port your number from your sim to the new microsim. I done it both times with Meteor and the whole thing was done in less than 30 minutes.

Advertisement