Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 Transfers

• 27-11-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭

I'm taking a gamble here doing this before he has played but i swapped Jose enrique in for Gallas before his price increases tonight.

Liverpool are at home to southampton at the weekend so i want him in for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'm taking a gamble here doing this before he has played but i swapped Jose enrique in for Gallas before his price increases tonight.

Liverpool are at home to southampton at the weekend so i want him in for that.

I'm in the same boat as you however a .1 increase isn't worth the risk for me considering I've a couple of mill floating about spare. I'll wait to see what happens. Downing is surely dropped after a shocker at the weekend. If Wisdom starts and plays well I can see Enrique playing LW for a good few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ice87 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you however a .1 increase isn't worth the risk for me considering I've a couple of mill floating about spare. I'll wait to see what happens. Downing is surely dropped after a shocker at the weekend. If Wisdom starts and plays well I can see Enrique playing LW for a good few games.

Yeah I could regret doing it before he plays for the sake of 0.1 but i just figured that after tonight liverpool's next 7 fixtures are pretty decent so even if he does revert back to a defensive position i wouldn't mind having him in my team for the next 7 weeks. And Gallas was dropped at the weekend, he might well just have been rested for 1 match but i was considering getting rid of him anyway because spurs have kept hardly any clean sheets.
    Just hope enrique doesn't get injured tonight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah I could regret doing it before he plays for the sake of 0.1 but i just figured that after tonight liverpool's next 7 fixtures are pretty decent so even if he does revert back to a defensive position i wouldn't mind having him in my team for the next 7 weeks. And Gallas was dropped at the weekend, he might well just have been rested for 1 match but i was considering getting rid of him anyway because spurs have kept hardly any clean sheets.
    Just hope enrique doesn't get injured tonight now.

i follow enrique on twitter and he said something last night about having a sore back, hopefully its nothing to serious though...

anyone thinking about getting rod of michu ? was thinking cash him in for puncheon and roatating between puncheon and sterling as my 4 midfielder allowing me to upgrade jelavic to suarez

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Felliani and Baines to Wallcott and Enrique are the transfers I'm looking at right now...

Mignolet
    Cuellar - Nelsen - Enrique
    Cazorla - Wallcott - Michu - Sessegnon
    Ba - RVP - Suarez.
    SUBS: Huth - Clyne - Puncheon

Then next gw, Cazorla to Silva.

• Advertisement

Eldoco wrote: »
    anyone thinking about getting rod of michu ? was thinking cash him in for puncheon and roatating between puncheon and sterling as my 4 midfielder allowing me to upgrade jelavic to suarez

Nah he is there for the season barring a long term injury.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nah he is there for the season barring a long term injury.

maybe your right he has been pretty good in most swansea games ive watched..maybe ill just get rid of jelavic but for who :confused: if newcastle had full strenght it be straight to ba but these days they are awful..shane ferguson is no cabaye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Felliani and Baines to Wallcott and Enrique are the transfers I'm looking at right now...

Mignolet
    Ba - RVP - Suarez.

Why get rid of Fellaini? He was still on form and has had a week rest due to his suspension. One of the main players I don't have that I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Would Mata to Bale be a smart move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

BroLo wrote: »

I'm planning this sometime in the next 2-3 GWs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

roryc wrote: »
    Why get rid of Fellaini? He was still on form and has had a week rest due to his suspension. One of the main players I don't have that I fear.

Yeah I don't really understand why people would hold onto him while he's suspended and then sell when he becomes available .

I'm thinking either Tevez to Suarez or Noble to Puncheon this week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BroLo wrote: »

keep an eye on how Benitez sets Chelsea up, but yeah, it might be a good move ultimately.

Mata was playing noticeably deeper on Sunday, as were the whole team really.

Chelsea attackers may well have just become a bit expensive under Benitez. but i'd see how they do tonight. if there aren't many shots on Fulham's goal tonight, at home, then it may be wise to shift Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Torres, whoever people have from Chelsea, out of their FF team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm torn as to who to get rid of between Mata and Cazorla, need to bring Bale in.

Looking at shipping out Baines this week for a 4m defender or downgrading RVP to Suarez.

The extra cash will be enough to upgrade to Bale the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Mignolet
    Ba - RVP - Suarez.

Would you not be looking to get Rid of Ba first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »
    I'm torn as to who to get rid of between Mata and Cazorla, need to bring Bale in.

Looking at shipping out Baines this week for a 4m defender or downgrading RVP to Suarez.

The extra cash will be enough to upgrade to Bale the following week.

Arsenal's next 6 fixtures after everton tonight are pretty good whereas chelsea miss a gameweek so i think i'd hang onto cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm thinking Cazorla to Walcott and Mata to Bale. I'm looking to ship Mata with Benitez after arriving anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Yeah I don't really understand why people would hold onto him while he's suspended and then sell when he becomes available .

I'm thinking either Tevez to Suarez or Noble to Puncheon this week .

It's a what have you done for me lately attitude. Despite him not being in a position to do anything last weekend. Watch him score big again and there'll be another influx of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

It's a what have you done for me lately attitude. Despite him not being in a position to do anything last weekend. Watch him score big again and there'll be another influx of transfers.

The same will happen with Baines. Everton will get a penalty some week and he will be transferred back in en masse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Eldoco wrote: »

That seems like a smart move to me.

Why would anyone consider dumping Fellaini now, he is still vastly underpriced and he was suspended for 1 match, not injured or anything, absolute madness.

Cazorla isn't anywhere near as attractive an option as Bale or Mata for me, don't see the fuss to be honest, fabulous player but he isn't gonna bring the same returns as the other 2.

That seems like a smart move to me.

Why would anyone consider dumping Fellaini now, he is still vastly underpriced and he was suspended for 1 match, not injured or anything, absolute madness.

Cazorla isn't anywhere near as attractive an option as Bale or Mata for me, don't see the fuss to be honest, fabulous player but he isn't gonna bring the same returns as the other 2.

Cazorla has 71 points right now and isn't even close to returning the points that his stats are indicating he will. Also, he has a great run of games.

Felliani is an option out if you have a player with better fixtures and the potential for more points. For example, over the next 3-4 games, Wallcott >>>>>>>> Felliani.

• Advertisement

Would you not be looking to get Rid of Ba first?

The Mata > Cazorla transfer is just a placeholder right now as that was the plan for a good while, but things are changing at Arsenal. I'm confident that if Wallcott starts regularly, Cazorla will benefit but am waiting on tonight to see how Arsenal do. I cant shake the feeling that Wallcott is just going to explode in the coming weeks.

Ba has to be in the team for next gameweek vs Wigan but might go the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The Mata > Cazorla transfer is just a placeholder right now as that was the plan for a good while, but things are changing at Arsenal. I'm confident that if Wallcott starts regularly, Cazorla will benefit but am waiting on tonight to see how Arsenal do. I cant shake the feeling that Wallcott is just going to explode in the coming weeks.

Ba has to be in the team for next gameweek vs Wigan but might go the following week.

I've been thinking that too but also have Cazorla and I'm torn between having the two of them or just swapping Cazorla for Walcott. Just think having the two of them might be overkill but as you said if Walcott plays well, Cazorla could benefit. I'm really tempted by a Giroud and Walcott combo though. Walcott's crossing has improved dramatically from what i've seen of him in the last few games and Giroud could really benefit from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Am I mad to be considering Cazorla AND Walcott in my team?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yes.

with Bale, Michu, Hazard, Mata, Morrison, Fellaini, Silva, Nolan and more from other teams, i don't think you can afford to waste 2 midfield places on one team - nevermind one as consistent as Arsenal.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yes.

with Bale, Michu, Hazard, Mata, Morrison, Fellaini, Silva, Nolan and more from other teams, i don't think you can afford to waste 2 midfield places on one team - nevermind one as consistent as Arsenal.

Yeah I thought so! I was going to go for Fellaini, but his fixtures over the next few weeks aren't great, compared to Arsenal, so was thinking of Walcott, who seems to be coming into form.

Already have Cazorla and Mata; can't afford Bale, Hazard or Silva; so not really sure who to go for.

Have 8.9m to spend, so just a little short of the top bracket of players.

No you are not. Unless I am mad too. And others. Purple dishwasher. If it seems Cazorla isn't performing even with favourable fixtures, you can ship him for Bale in GW17.

I dont subscribe to the theory that having two players from the same team is a bad idea when that team has a great run of fixtures. Wallcott could be the man to finish all the chances Cazorla has been creating. Good for both players.

I'll probably regret writing this...I think Cazorla and Wallcott have the potential to be the next big super-pairing, one that we have not seen since Gerrard/Torres and Fabregas/RVP. Two players on the same team that work off each other and are involved in each others goals. They are both midfielders playing essentially as strikers too.

It's jsut too tempting for me :p

No you are not. Unless I am mad too. And others. Purple dishwasher. If it seems Cazorla isn't performing even with favourable fixtures, you can ship him for Bale in GW17.

I dont subscribe to the theory that having two players from the same team is a bad idea when that team has a great run of fixtures. Wallcott could be the man to finish all the chances Cazorla has been creating. Good for both players.

I'll probably regret writing this...I think Cazorla and Wallcott have the potential to be the next big super-pairing, one that we have not seen since Gerrard/Torres and Fabregas/RVP. Two players on the same team that work off each other and are involved in each others goals. They are both midfielders playing essentially as strikers too.

See THIS is exactly what I was thinking.

And then I'd have Bale - Mata - Walcott in midfield, no bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Benimar wrote: »
    The same will happen with Baines. Everton will get a penalty some week and he will be transferred back in en masse.

Most likely. I'm dumping Baines this weekend i reckon. Tough run of fixtures and i can always get him back in on Jan wildcard. Don't care if he scores a goal one weekend. If i have a cheaper defender instead of him that will allow me to upgrade an attacker. A clean sheet and a goal or 2 from an attacker i would not have had without downgrading Baines will cancel out the goal. Too much kneejerk in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i hope the Cazorla essentially playing as a striker comment was a joke. Thats my concern right there. Caz has been playing so deep lately, not really getting forward enough at all. Apart from the Spurs game v 10men, he hasnt looked very threatening to me. Walcott is playing more advanced, and he's even managed to nick Santi's set piece duties (surely a ploy by Wenger to butter him up in advance of contract talks). Santi-->Theo is definitely a change i want to make. Maybe this week, though i feel i may have to move on Suarez if he doesnt pick up his 5th booking against Spurs, home v Southampton is potential for some serious captain points, so the Santi-->Theo transfer might have to wait til after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cazorla has 71 points right now and isn't even close to returning the points that his stats are indicating he will. Also, he has a great run of games.

Felliani is an option out if you have a player with better fixtures and the potential for more points. For example, over the next 3-4 games, Wallcott >>>>>>>> Felliani.

I'm intrigued by this, I was under the impression that he has been overachieving in FF, I really like him as a player but have really only seen him on MOTD etc, which stats are you referring to, he tends to shoot from distance so he's unlikely to have a high goals/shots ratio, also Walcotts presence in the team can't be a good thing thing for him surely, wouldn't one of them have to be playing as an out and out striker for things to happen as you suggest they might?

Walcott is 1.1m more expensive than Felli, no value there for me.

Advertisement