Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

manual_man wrote: »
    i hope the Cazorla essentially playing as a striker comment was a joke. Thats my concern right there. Caz has been playing so deep lately, not really getting forward enough at all. Apart from the Spurs game v 10men, he hasnt looked very threatening to me. Walcott is playing more advanced, and he's even managed to nick Santi's set piece duties (surely a ploy by Wenger to butter him up in advance of contract talks). Santi-->Theo is definitely a change i want to make. Maybe this week, though i feel i may have to move on Suarez if he doesnt pick up his 5th booking against Spurs, home v Southampton is potential for some serious captain points, so the Santi-->Theo transfer might have to wait til after

I guess there is only so much that stats and highlights can tell me but from what I can see, when Arsenal are threatening and when it matters, Caz seems to be in good positions albeit in and around the 18-25 yard area. Agreed that he is getting back more but, again, when it matters, he seems to me involved.

Santi>Theo as a transfer is perfectly fine imho as I think if these two start to combine, Wallcott will be the main benefactor and is 0.8 cheaper too.

If Suarez can avoid a booking, and tbh I think he will get the booking tonight, he will be a clear captain contender next gw.
    I'm intrigued by this, I was under the impression that he has been overachieving in FF, I really like him as a player but have really only seen him on MOTD etc, which stats are you referring to, he tends to shoot from distance so he's unlikely to have a high goals/shots ratio, also Walcotts presence in the team can't be a good thing thing for him surely, wouldn't one of them have to be playing as an out and out striker for things to happen as you suggest they might?

Walcott is 1.1m more expensive than Felli, no value there for me.

Yes, Walcott would be the guy that fills the more conventional role with Caz making things tick. I'm going by stats on FFS and from highlights. You are absolutely correct that he shoots from outside the box more often than not but I think Arsenal have been a little static in front of goal and Wallcott could provide a run that would catch Caz's eye.

All theoretical, and I might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, but I've learned that there is nothing worse in this entire game than having a gut feeling about a player who subsequently runs riot when you hadn't the guts to go with you instincts.

Cue Wallcott on the bench tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just watching FISO throughout the day and watching the levels of transfers. Why, oh why, do people transfer in a player for the next GW before hes even played this week?? Prices don't go up until after tonights games, its asking for trouble making a transfer today.

If Baines scores 10+ and Enrique gets sent off there will be a few people looking for the 'undo' button ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thinking about Hazard and S Taylor out and getting in Silva and Enrique in for the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Why is everyone ditching Cazorla? He's the joint 3rd highest scoring midfielder in the game to date. He has Swa, WBA, RDG, WIG and WHU coming up.

I really don't see why you'd dump him.

Bale on the other hand has FUL, EVE, SWA and STO.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Shane732 wrote: »
    Why is everyone ditching Cazorla? He's the joint 3rd highest scoring midfielder in the game to date. He has Swa, WBA, RDG, WIG and WHU coming up.

I really don't see why you'd dump him.

Bale on the other hand has FUL, EVE, SWA and STO.

To a lot of people he suddenly became "that man that plays well yet scores no FF points" during an Arsenal spell in which almost no Arsenal player scored much in the way of points. I suppose Wallcott also dilutes his attraction having seemingly escaped the confines of the Arsenal bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tevez not starting again tonight could force me to change my plans re transfers for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Think I'm definitely going with Mata and Cazorla out for Walcott and Bale like I said earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Mata and Berbatov out for Walcott and Suarez(depending how he performs tonight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reading back through the thread,I think a lot of people will be changing plans regarding transfers,especially getting rid of Michu & Fellaini now that they've scored again plus hanging onto Mata/Cazorla now Bale is on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Doing Baines -> Nastasic and Mata -> Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Giroud to Suarez ?

Hazard to Bale sounds like a decent move. Alternatively I might get rid of Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just pulled the trigger on Mata and Cazorla to Bale and Walcott. Frees up .4 million for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just moved on Mata to Bale, sitting on shifting Tevez for a hit for a few days...Both him and Mata had to be dealt with,way too much money tied up in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Did Baines -> Enrique last night. 3.6m in the bank now.

Next to get the boot will likely be Valencia or Jelavic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

will probably do Mata to Bale and Cazorla to Walcott for a hit. will hold off for as long as i can before price changes become an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hazard > Bale methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

will probably do Mata to Bale and Cazorla to Walcott for a hit. will hold off for as long as i can before price changes become an issue

why take a hit to move cazorla to walcott? walcott has to score then just to make up the points you lost and cazorla could outscore him. i could understand it if cazorla was injured but you could do the swap saturday evening and not lose 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hogey007 wrote: »

why take a hit to move cazorla to walcott? walcott has to score then just to make up the points you lost and cazorla could outscore him. i could understand it if cazorla was injured but you could do the swap saturday evening and not lose 4 points.

if i'd taken a hit yesterday to do the transfer, i'd be better off... i just think Walcott is much more likely to score better going forward, i don't take hits often but i think it might be a good time for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

done baines to nastasic

im having no luck this year so baines will run riot next and manc will lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

if i'd taken a hit yesterday to do the transfer, i'd be better off... i just think Walcott is much more likely to score better going forward, i don't take hits often but i think it might be a good time for this one

I'd be with Hogey on this one. I couldn't justify taking a hit when it's for someone on the same team and who might easily underscore the person coming out.

I took a hit on a keeper of all things this GW, but Green->Guzan made sense to me because 1.Guzan was ALWAYS going to outscore Green this GW and 2. longterm, I have a 2nd keeper who is getting gametime (take away the fact Cesar came off with a groin strain).

I'm considering a hit this GW too. It will involve the departure of either Jelavic or Valencia, with the incoming person very likely to outscore them this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Thinking about Hazard and S Taylor out and getting in Silva and Enrique in for the next few weeks

Would definitely get rid of S. Taylor. He is out injured until February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hazard and Santon out for Enrique and Cazorla.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

How essential do people think Suarez is this weekend against Southampton?? If i bring him in i will more then likely captain him or should i keep berbatov at home to Spurs?

As a Liverpool fan Suarez looks the more promising option to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mata to Bale for me.Rafa is very conservative in his tactics so Bale will outscore Mata by this logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have 3 players I want to get in. Fellaini, Bale and Jose Enrique.

So I'll be doing
    Nasri -> Fellaini
    Mata -> Bale
    Mertesacker (probably) -> Enrique

Just not sure in what order. Or if it's worth a points hit to speed the process up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Done my transfer already. Hazard out Silva in. Chelsea are going to be ultra defensive under Benitez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tom_k

Just transferred Hazard out. Bale in. Still got one free transfer, will most likely replace Baines with Nastasic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Got a double transfer but a lot of players I could do with moving on.

Players I need to shift:

Ruddy to a bargain basement keeper. Either Guzan or one of the 4.0 valued keepers at SOT or NOR. Trying to find who's best to pair up with Begovic.

Tevez to Suarez maybe although surely Tevez will start next weekend.

Cazorla/Mata to Walcott/Bale but both of those can wait another weekend I think.

Sterling to Puncheon and Michu to Hernandez are still options to free up some cash if I need it (would need some to bring Suarez or Bale in).

Ah decisions, decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Right, I've two FTs.

Want to get rid of Ba and Mata.

I'm thinking of getting Suarez and Michu.

I have exactly the cash to get them. Should I pull the trigger? Is there something really obvious that I'm not seeing?

Advertisement