Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Right, I've two FTs.

Want to get rid of Ba and Mata.

I'm thinking of getting Suarez and Michu.

I have exactly the cash to get them. Should I pull the trigger? Is there something really obvious that I'm not seeing?

Ba has a decent fixture at the weekend,and looked threatening tonight,maybe worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I better latch onto Bale before it's too late. Means dropping Mata which I think I'm ok about. But I need to sell Pienaar to do it. With 6.3 to play with I was going to go for P.Hernandez until I looked at Swansea's short term fixtures. Would Dembele be a good move at 5.9? I know that means 2 spurs mid's which makes me uneasy.

Alternatively I could downgrade Morrison to Brunt and free up extra cash.

So with 6.3 to play with what would people suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Right, I've two FTs.

I have exactly the cash to get them. Should I pull the trigger? Is there something really obvious that I'm not seeing?

Do it, really stuck for cash at the minute would do it if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Had 2 free transfers this week, so changed Torres for Defoe last night and Hazard for Walcott tonight, over 3 in bank for next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Baines and Nolan out

Bale and Enrique in.

Wanted Suarez in for Tevez but I'm gonna wait until after this weekend to get rid of him. His rotation is a pain in the buttocks and for the Christmas period you can't be having that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

2 FT this week

Sold McAuley last night and bought Azpilicueta

I think it might now be the time to sell Jussi. I'll get 4.8m for him.

Would Guzan be a decent replacement. Only 4.0m and I have Begovic as my other keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    2 FT this week

Sold McAuley last night and bought Azpilicueta

I think it might now be the time to sell Jussi. I'll get 4.8m for him.

Would Guzan be a decent replacement. Only 4.0m and I have Begovic as my other keeper

I'd say he is as Villa are keeping some clean sheets at the minute.

My only worry would be when Lambert may give Shay a run again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Brought in Bale this week. I have Cuellar for the DGW. Is Fletcher worth bringing in as well next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've been looking at Azpilicueta. Is he ensured of a place or is it just until Terry gets back? He's a cheap way into the Chelsea defence which will get tighter with Benitez there.

Probably be bringing Bale in for Mata this week and look at defenders next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just did Tevez to Suarez . Thinking of taking a hit to get Bale in for Mata not sure though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there is no way Hazard is going to be worth the money in that team now.

Walcott in is a prime candidate.

i do need to fix my defence a bit though too.

Chelsea defenders are going to be gold now IMO. Azpilcueta is an obvious choice right now, but it depends what happens when Terry is back. will Cahill AND Luiz be dropped and Ivan go in at RB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Another shocker of a week sees me drop to 8,000th, probably further after BP's have been added. That Newcastle goal cost me 10 points :(

Not sure who to ditch first, Baines or Mata. Baines just isn't worth it and Mata has cost me a load of points with his 1 minute cameos (Sterling for 11 a few weeks back and now Clark for 5).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Strongly thinking of Mata and Carzola out for Walcott and Bale. It would be a 4 point hit unfortunately, but I can't afford to dwell on the decision because I only have 0.1 left over. Both players could well go up in value and price me out of the move before the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Right, I've two FTs.

whats your team? do you already have Bale? I did mata->bale last night and contemplating tevez->suarez

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Strongly thinking of Mata and Carzola out for Walcott and Bale. It would be a 4 point hit unfortunately, but I can't afford to dwell on the decision because I only have 0.1 left over. Both players could well go up in value and price me out of the move before the weekend.

Mata to Bale right now. Put down your coffee and do it. he will go up by 0.2 easily. Keep an eye out on Wengers comments regarding Wallcotts ankle. If he looks good to play, I'd bring him in for the weekend for Cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I brought in Rooney the other day as I think I had something related to a premonition that he was set for great things. Last night he seemed to play very deep, he got a few shots off but he wasn't in the right places often enough, I only saw highlights.
    Question for the Utd fans, is this likely to be a long term thing? I'd like to stick with my gut feeling for a few weeks but I realise it might sound nuts, I have a strong team besides that and only Enrique really interests me where I could do with a bit of free cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yeah, i won't rush the Walcott transfer until we hear something concrete.

since I'd be transferring out Hazard, I have the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Mata to Bale right now. Put down your coffee and do it. he will go up by 0.2 easily. Keep an eye out on Wengers comments regarding Wallcotts ankle. If he looks good to play, I'd bring him in for the weekend for Cazorla.

This week I reckon Bale is the second best player in the world:p:D, still great value.

U0wlu.png

Any ideas for the long term?

Did Mata -> Bale this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FutureGuy wrote: »

I would in a heartbeat, but I can't :( I'm short a few quid for the move, I'd have to do Santi -> Walcott first to free up funds. I think I'll take the hit though, Chelsea look so dour under Benitez, not to mention Mata didn't even start last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Thinking of Mata and Jelavic to Michu and Suarez with 0.1 to spare. Should I be doing doing this now before their prices go up? Have 2 free transfers
    Also I have Bale and Felliaini already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jussi/Begovic

Demel/McAuley/Nastasic/Caulker/Rafael

Michu/Mata/Fellaini/Bale/Nolan

Suarez/Tevez/Berbatov

Did Baines -> Nastasic last night

£2.0m in the bank

Considering a points hit to get Mata out, give it more thought or cool the jets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did Foster and Tevez to Tremmel and Suarez. Having Tevez with Mancini's rotation policy in effect is just not worth it. At £9.5m, he would need to be a guaranteed starter which he's not at the moment. Suarez on the other hand is virtually guaranteed 90 minutes every week. Hopefully he can avoid his 5th booking until the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Who to drop to the bench: -

Michu, Mata, Fellaini, Sterling, Bale

At the moment I'm think Mata - hasn't done much of late, Chelsea haven't scored in 2 and they're up against a tough West Ham defence away from home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Pacly wrote: »
    Thinking of Mata and Jelavic to Michu and Suarez with 0.1 to spare. Should I be doing doing this now before their prices go up? Have 2 free transfers
    Also I have Bale and Felliaini already.

Mata's price could drop. Dittto with Hazard, I've had him since day 1, but thibnking of Walcott if he's fit for the weekend. It would free up a few bob as well.

BroLo wrote: »
    U0wlu.png

Any ideas for the long term?

Did Mata -> Bale this week.

tevez is proving a problem for many due to rotation. If he starts evey week he's worth any money but if its hit and miss for starts and coming on as a sub I'd consider replacing him.

Is Caulker relagated to the bench now or whats the story??

Hidalgo wrote: »
    tevez is proving a problem for many due to rotation. If he starts evey week he's worth any money but if its hit and miss for starts and coming on as a sub I'd consider replacing him.

I have no problem replacing him. Who with is the problem. Can't afford Suarez without downgrading elsewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Is Caulker relagated to the bench now or whats the story??

Injured in the warm up last night. Not sure how serious it is, but he was due to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I can't do a straight Mata - Bale transfer, only have 0.1m. Strongly thinking of taking my first points hit of the season to get him in though, as I've always said this guy is one of the top 10 players in the world... :)

Azpiliceuta + Bale for Baines + Mata. Based on current fixtures I think holding on to Cazorla is the right move. Will leave me with 1.5m to upgrade Nolan to Fellaini next week if I finally decide to cave in.

Thoughts?

Advertisement