Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    if Downing is dropped Wisdom will come in at rb and Johnson go to lb

Ye was thinking that also and johnson and enrique combined very well against wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You pose very valid points! The funny thing about it is that, with Enrique, Sterling and Suarez, you have the 3 strikers at liverpool covered by a defender, a midfielder and a striker! There is something very tempting about that!

3 home games in the next 4 and west ham away means that Liverpool should score goals. While I think 3 players is indeed overkill, the combination of Suarez and Enrique is incredibly tempting.

It is tempting and there will be some weeks like the game against wigan where u will really hit the jackpot. I just feel enrique and sterling can give u liverpool attacking coverage and the 10.4 for suarez could be spent wiser elsewhere. I had him at 9.4 but sold him at 9.8 for Aguero. Over the course of the season id expect aguero to outscore him. Suarez as capt for this week if you have him is very appealing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

It is tempting and there will be some weeks like the game against wigan where u will really hit the jackpot. I just feel enrique and sterling can give u liverpool attacking coverage and the 10.4 for suarez could be spent wiser elsewhere. I had him at 9.4 but sold him at 9.8 for Aguero. Over the course of the season id expect aguero to outscore him. Suarez as capt for this week if you have him is very appealing though.

Very true the 10.4 may well be spent well elsewhere. But I can't bring myself to keep/get another City forward as they are way too much of a rotation risk now that the PL is all they really have and Mancini can't use the other strikers in other competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think alot of people are forgetting that RVP faces Reading this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

BroLo wrote: »
    Very true the 10.4 may well be spent well elsewhere. But I can't bring myself to keep/get another City forward as they are way too much of a rotation risk now that the PL is all they really have and Mancini can't use the other strikers in other competitions.

I hated putting on Suarez this week as I'd much rather Aguero but the only reason i did was Suarez guaranteed to play but Aguro not, really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think alot of people are forgetting that RVP faces Reading this weekend.
    I have captained RVP every week for last 4 weeks BUT I'm worried he will be rested .... Surely not ?
    I have the funds to upgrade Giroud to Suarez . Can't decide whether to do that or switch Rafael for Enrique . Rafael has been excellent but will DEF be rested soon

km79 wrote: »
    I have captained RVP every week for last 4 weeks BUT I'm worried he will be rested .... Surely not ?
    I have the funds to upgrade Giroud to Suarez . Can't decide whether to do that or switch Rafael for Enrique . Rafael has been excellent but will DEF be rested soon

Both will probably just be rested in the CL this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Both will probably just be rested in the CL this week.
    Still can't decide on Suarez ....one yellow away from suspension....going up in price tonight. Arsenal are at home too but Giroud has done zero since I bought him .

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Am i the only one that can't open the fantasy premier league website ?

Unavailable

Sorry, but we are unable to load the requested page at this time.

NN215 wrote: »
    Am i the only one that can't open the fantasy premier league website ?

Unavailable

Sorry, but we are unable to load the requested page at this time.

Nope mine won't go through either.

• Advertisement

Nope mine won't go through either.

damn, maybe they are doing some maintenance on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

To those who saw the full Utd game last night, did Chicarito do enough to keep his place for the weekend? Would Fergie prefer to keep him as a supersub or does he have a future(this season) as a regular starter, it would seem that his presence or lack thereof would have ramifications for other Utd players in FF terms.

One more question, when Mata's price goes down will my resale value of him go down also, he is currently 9.6 but will go to 9.5. My transfer value for him is currently 9.5, will that go to 9.4 or stay put?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

One more question, when Mata's price goes down will my resale value of him go down also, he is currently 9.6 but will go to 9.5. My transfer value for him is currently 9.5, will that go to 9.4 or stay put?

It will stay at 9.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fizman wrote: »

It will stay at 9.5.

Not if he bought him at 9.4. Yes if bought at 9.5

I bought him at 9.4, can I take it he will go back to that on my transfer page?

I bought him at 9.4, can I take it he will go back to that on my transfer page?

After he falls in price tonight, yes

Sorry, yes.....depends on what you got him at originally (I assumed you bought him for 9.5).

manual_man wrote: »
    After he falls in price tonight, yes

Hang on.....is that right?

Bought at 9.4.
    Transfer value increases to 9.5, monetary value remains at 9.4.
    Transfer value Increases to 9.6, therefore monetary value to player increases to 9.5.
    Transfer value Decreases back to 9.5.......

I'm almost positive that the above results with the monetary value of the player staying at 9.5, as I'm sure the exact same thing happened to me with Valencia.

Fizman wrote: »

Hang on.....is that right?

Bought at 9.4.
    Transfer value increases to 9.5, monetary value remains at 9.4.
    Transfer value Increases to 9.6, therefore monetary value to player increases to 9.5.
    Transfer value Decreases back to 9.5.......

I'm almost positive that the above results with the monetary value of the player staying at 9.5, as I'm sure the exact same thing happened to me with Valencia.

Nope. you can only profit on players when 0.2 or more of the value you bought them at. 0.1 gets you zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Sam1990

pienaar -> fellaini
    mata -> bale

for a 4pt hit. wouldn't be able to afford after price changes tonight

thoughts?

team would then be:

Foster Begovic

Cameron McCartney Cuellar Garrido Simpson

Michu Bale SantiClause Kacaniklic Fellaini

Tevez RVP Suarez

with 0 left in bank. i can start looking at changing tevez/kaca/cazorla and simpson in the next few weeks as well

who should i drop to the bench.
    fellaini away vs man city or nolan home vs chelsea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

wow that's a tough choice. i want to say nolan. fellaini in good form will give anyone trouble. i've got one too:

michu away to arsenal or sterling home to southampton?

NN215 wrote: »
    who should i drop to the bench.
    fellaini away vs man city or nolan home vs chelsea ?

I'd definitely go with Felli, he's in the box more often than Nolan and is a handful for any defence in the world.
    jolim24601 wrote: »
    wow that's a tough choice. i want to say nolan. fellaini in good form will give anyone trouble. i've got one too:

I'd go with Sterling there, Liverpool could score a few goals on saturday, swansea will prob score none or one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jolim24601 wrote: »

I have the same dilemma. The only thing holding me back from dropping Michu is that Arsenal can be weak in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Playing 3 Liverpool players v Saints madness?

Enrique,Suarez,Sterling instead of Walters?I will be looking to sell Sterling to cut down on my Pool players before i get nailed over it.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

3 pool players is nuts!

That said, just the one transfer for me Baines -> Jose Enrique :pac: He'll be my only Pool player simply because Liverpool are more likely to keep Clean Sheets and Enrique's position is too tempting. Also I save a nice 1.3!

dahat wrote: »
    Playing 3 Liverpool players v Saints madness?

Enrique,Suarez,Sterling instead of Walters?I will be looking to sell Sterling to cut down on my Pool players before i get nailed over it.........

I'll be doing the same, in fairness if you were going to do it for one game... this is it. might sell Sterling myself, but can't see myself doing it before Jan wildcard, too many other more important transfers to sort first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've come up with a medium term transfer strategy which I aim to stick with until January wildcard time. 7 PL gameweeks in 4 and a half calendar weeks means that silly season has finally arrived.

Transfer rules:

Do not bring in any player that looks like a potential rotation risk and ship out those in my team who are (apart from RVP).

Do not bring in any player that is injury prone and clear out anyone who is carrying an injury before the weekend.

Phase 1:

2 free transfers - Ruddy and Mata to Gazzaniga and Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FatRat wrote: »
    3 pool players is nuts!

That said, just the one transfer for me Baines -> Jose Enrique :pac: He'll be my only Pool player simply because Liverpool are more likely to keep Clean Sheets and Enrique's position is too tempting. Also I save a nice 1.3!

I do agree but Enrique and Suarez are more important than Sterling so he will go as soon as....pity as he was a top sub to have.

Advertisement