Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

volunteering maths grinds

• 28-11-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I've been giving (paid) grinds for about 4 years now, and now I would like to offer this service on a free basis to Junior or Leaving cert students who might otherwise have no way of receiving extra help.
    Does anyone know of any societies or charities where I can offer to help? I am open to all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Try the Vincent de Paul. I have never done grinds with them but they used to list that among their list of activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Volunteer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

What county are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

treccie wrote: »
    What county are you in ?

Bizarre enough question, I assumed people would know I was living in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

Bizarre enough question, I assumed people would know I was living in Ireland...

If you read the question properly you'd see I asked what county you are in, not country! The reason I asked is that I work in the community and voluntary sector and might be able to give you a few useful contacts.

How many marks are lost in maths exams by people not reading the question correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

treccie wrote: »
    If you read the question properly you'd see I asked what county you are in, not country! The reason I asked is that I work in the community and voluntary sector and might be able to give you a few useful contacts.

How many marks are lost in maths exams by people not reading the question correctly?

Fair point, I was just after a long night when I read your comment. I spend most of my time between Offaly and Dublin.

Advertisement