Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with DCIM Folder on Memory Card

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a good few pictures from my digital camera which are stored on a Sandisk 16gb memory card.

When I plug my camera into the computer the F:Drive appears but there is no DCIM folder inside which is generally where photos are stored for people when they take pictures.

I have tried the camera on 3 different computers and have the same problem and have also used a card reader and still no joy. I have a 4gb memory card which is full up with photos and that has no problem when connected and shows the DCIM folder etc.

I have also made sure to show hidden folders and files.

However if I type the below into the address bar, it finds the DCIM Folder with all the pictures.

F:\DCIM

However I want to know is there anyway the DCIM Folder can just appear like it should do when I connect my camera to the computer and click on the F: Drive.

Thanks in advance for any help/solutions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Hi,

I have a good few pictures from my digital camera which are stored on a Sandisk 16gb memory card.

When I plug my camera into the computer the F:Drive appears but there is no DCIM folder inside which is generally where photos are stored for people when they take pictures.

I have tried the camera on 3 different computers and have the same problem and have also used a card reader and still no joy. I have a 4gb memory card which is full up with photos and that has no problem when connected and shows the DCIM folder etc.

I have also made sure to show hidden folders and files.

However if I type the below into the address bar, it finds the DCIM Folder with all the pictures.

F:\DCIM

However I want to know is there anyway the DCIM Folder can just appear like it should do when I connect my camera to the computer and click on the F: Drive.

Thanks in advance for any help/solutions

can you find it when u take the mem card out of the camera and just plug it into the card reader on the computer?

i would type f:\dcim then copy all of the photos to your pc then using the camera reformat the memory card as it maybe corrupt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

can you find it when u take the mem card out of the camera and just plug it into the card reader on the computer?

i would type f:\dcim then copy all of the photos to your pc then using the camera reformat the memory card as it maybe corrupt

No I can't find the folder even with the memory card plugged into the card reader and computer.

I already managed to copy the pictures over thankfully, how would reformat the memory card? It is a sandisk memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

No I can't find the folder even with the memory card plugged into the card reader and computer.

I already managed to copy the pictures over thankfully, how would reformat the memory card? It is a sandisk memory card.

on your camera there is a function to reformat the memory card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

on your camera there is a function to reformat the memory card

Cheers that seems to have worked.

Advertisement