Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So we're looking for a restaurant half way between Swords and Blessington!

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are looking for a nice restaurant in and around the Dundrum area for Saturday night.

I would prefer not to eat Asian food as we have it regularly enough as it is at the Lemongrass, and after an appalling meal, appalling atmosphere, and ruined evening at Il Fico in Naas last week a good Italian to get what we missed last week would be great but I am open to other suggestions.

A good beer selection, or even draught would be a bonus but not a necessity!

Let's have your suggestions if you please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

What about Jamie Olivers new restaurant in Dundrum Shopping Centre (if you can get a booking). I've heard a lot of excellent things about it.

Italian food done well with fantastic fresh pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Roly's in Dundrum is usually pretty consistent also. Other alternatives to Dundrum and which would roughly be half-way would be the huge amount of restaurants in Rathmines/Rathgar/ Terenure/Templeogue or stay west of the M50 altogether and look around Maynooth/Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not sure if you class Indian food as Asian (technically it is), but Ananda in the Dundrum Shopping Centre serves extremely good food, and the early bird is great value for money.

Jamie's is nice, but is pretty much booked out until February, because of the novelty/celebrity factor. Dunne & Crescenzi isn't bad either, but is a little pricey for the fare. Milanos is always a decent standard and prices aren't too hectic. I haven't eaten in the Port House (Spanish; tapas) yet, but would love to give it a try. then of course you have the Asian restaurants (Wagamama, Siam Thai, which are both very good). Others include Yo Sushi, Nandos, Mao, Cortina's (Mexican) and various fast food restaurants.

Wouldn't the Red Cow be half-way between Swords and Blessington (not that I'd advocate eating there!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I'll second Ananda, it's excellent - service, food, wine all good.

If you'd go as far as Dalkey, the Magpie inn does good grub and a great selection of beer -Sierra nevada on tap, cask Dungarvan and a great seleciton of bottled beers last time I was there.

f.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks for all the advice, we went with the Anvil in Saggart in the end.

Very nice place, very nice food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement