Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amityville Horror series

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

There are Ten movies in this series, which one is your favorite?
    (2 more sequels on the way)

I saw these movies in 2010 summer times,
    This is the order I liked them in

1) Amityville II: The Possession (1982) 8 out of 10

I am not a huge fan of the Amityville Horror (1979), it was okay movie but not that scary as it was made out to be.

This movie starts of with a new family moving in to the house, a father and mother and four kids, two daughters and two sons.

At first every seem normal, until the strange things start to happen to younger two kids as the house messed one room up but father dose believe the kids and then he hits the poor kids, then eldest son, then point a shotgun at is father to make him stop what he doing.

(I have never hated anyone as much as I hated the father in this movie).

Soon after Sonny the oldest of the sons start to act a bit at strange and start to feel sick, then while the whole family is out, we see how the is be come possessed by the house.

Small spoiler I liked scenes where we see Sonny get possessed by the house, when we see him screaming in pain, when he stomach he being press down by the unseen evil force was really good scene, that was scary and really dark, that is the reason liked this movie more then first and this movie, it is a lot more darker then first movie and the acting was outstanding from everyone

I would have give this movie 10 but I find the ending a tad boring and disappointing so I am going to give this movie a 8 out of 10

2) The Amityville Horror (1979)
    I saw this movie was 8 years old, it didn't seem to scare me at all and only in the last year I saw it again, I was thinking I may of miss something back then.

Everyone I know loves this movie,they said it really creep ed them out, This movie didn't nothing for me, it didn't not creepy me out or scare me s***-less
    but it did have some reely good atmosphere in the movie and acting was really good as well.

The other reason I did not like this movie is because I saw Second movie in this series before seeing this movie again, I liked that second one much better cause it was a lot more Daker and that was did creep me out a lot.

I going this movie 6 out of 10

3) Amityville: Dollhouse (1996)
    This was 8 Sequel and the Last in Sequel before the Remake

The whole movie, it was very entertaining from start to the end and it was not boring or predictable like previous movies at all. they saved one of the best for last.

4) Amityville (4): The Evil Escapes (1989) 6 out 10
    This is movie is really good, much better then the third, this movie can a get a bit silly at times but it works well with the rest of the movie, movie get a bit boring but there is always something to keep you entertained.

5) Amityville (6) 1992: It's About Time (1992) 5 out of 10
    it's worth watching at least once.

6) Amityville 3-D (1983) 5 out of 10
    First movie was okay, a tad over-hyped and the second was really good, which I think is very underrated and this movie is really dull,

This movie had nothing going for it, there no scary or creepy moment in this movie, it just felt flat from start to the end, like there no real story in it

however it did pick up near the end with the explosions, which were really well done, those were okay scenes and I really enjoyed watching and the acting was really good as well from the whole cast.

7) Amityville (7): A New Generation (1993) 3 out of 10
    This is the weakest of them of all, it not the worse one in the series as The Amityville Curse is still the worse of the series, this movie in the second worse but still watchable unlike The Amityville Curse.

8) The Amityville (5) Curse (1990) 1 out of 10
    I have seen all the Amityville movies now, this movie is the most pointless Amityville sequel ever and there no need to see this movie at all, there is not one second worth watching in this movie.

9) The Amityville Horror (2005)
    I was not big fan of the original at all, I did find it boring, when I heard they were making remake, I was little happy It took me while to see the movies but I did hear nothing but bad reviews, I had see for my self, there was chance I would still like it.

I have see every single one of Amityville movies in series, and saw this last.

This movie did not feel like Amityville movie at all as there were no atmosphere what so ever in this movie, that was one of the only reason liked the first a little bit.

I found the movie Ghost scenes were really silly and looked really fake, same for lame scare scene which do not work at all.

I didn't like original that much, i never noddy of watching it twice a least but when I saw this was really boring and I was nodding off.

I really shocked how poor George Lutz was in this movie, I liked him in other movies, I don't think horror movies are for me.

It not just really bad remake, it's real bad movie.

10) The Amityville Haunting (2011) (V)
    I have seen all 8 movies and the remake of Amityville. (This movie not to before confused with the upcoming found footage movie

The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes (2012))

(Here comes the 10th movies By by asylum) in the series, which is a found footage movie for the series!.

The movies start with saying, This footage you are about to see is real!.

It start with 4 drunk teenagers who break in and then drink and have sex with there a bit of nudity , while filmed by Phone and we see some one sucked in the door and blood sprays and girls scream and cuts to black screen (This happens under 2 minutes at start of the movie.

Then it cuts to a new family moving into the house Dad and wife, oldest is daughter in her teens, only one boy who's that documenting the things around the house and there a little girl You already know what roles they going to play!.

The acting and script were both really horrendous, all the chacaters are so annoying, that you what something really bad to happen to them, The boy was the only one that didn't annoy me at all!

This movie is not creepy or scary but do have one or two descent jumps scenes here and there and some scare are so utter silly that it will make who laugh!

The movie goes from bad to worse as it goes on and it is really hard to watch this movie, i still can not believe I saw the whole movie. T he worst movie in the series and this has to be one the worst horror movie of 2012! yes 2012.
    (I saw it on new years day lol )

1 out of 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

Tindie wrote: »
    There are Ten movies in this series, which one is your favorite?
    (2 more sequels on the way)

I saw these movies in 2010 summer times,
    This is the order I liked them in

1) Amityville II: The Possession (1982) 8 out of 10

I am not a huge fan of the Amityville Horror (1979), it was okay movie but not that scary as it was made out to be.

This movie starts of with a new family moving in to the house, a father and mother and four kids, two daughters and two sons.

6) Amityville 3-D (1983) 5 out of 10
    First movie was okay, a tad over-hyped and the second was really good, which I think is very underrated and this movie is really dull,

This movie had nothing going for it, there no scary or creepy moment in this movie, it just felt flat from start to the end, like there no real story in it

however it did pick up near the end with the explosions, which were really well done, those were okay scenes and I really enjoyed watching and the acting was really good as well from the whole cast.

1 out of 10
    I'm looking for these on dvd, preferably the Sanctuary releases with commentary by Kim Newman and Stephen Jones, as I enjoy those lads' informative and enjoyable approach. All the ones on Amazon I have ordered don't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i cant believe there there was 10, I think ive only seen the first 2 and it was so long ago that i cant remember a lot from them. must try see them again so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

10? :eek: I saw the first and second (and I hate Burt Young as an actor) at the kinema and that's it!

Advertisement