Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Wicklow town

• 28-11-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, myself partner and two girls are thinking of moving into wicklow town. Partner would be commuting to stillorgan by car. Anyone know how long itd take for him to be in by half nine? Are there any estates we should avoid? We have had a drive around the town and seems to be plenty around. What are the schools like, are there many preschools/montessoris around? Anything we should know about the area? There are so many gorgeous houses but a lot of what we like is out of our price range. What are the best areas to look at?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Commute depends on traffic, but about 30-45 mins,

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Asked a few close family who live there - seems to be some very nice areas in the town and some less so -- pretty much the same for every town I guess.

There are plenty of schools -- 2 RCs, Church of Ireland, Educate Together and Gaelscoil and at 2nd level theres a co-ed Community school, an all-girls Dominican school and a C of I school (East Glendalough). Main comment on them was that some parents felt theres less choice for boys at 2nd level but at 3rd level commuting to UCD, TCD etc was pretty easy.

On the more basic side all complained about the lack of choice of supermarkets, no cinema etc but praised the sports and other facilities and of course the actual setting of the town. Bus service to Dublin seems good but trains less so outside of rush hour.
    Asked if they would move again there if they had the choice and all bar one said yes - and she said she'd just prefer to be in a rural area - nothing to do with the town itself.

Advertisement