Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weirdos around UCC

• 28-11-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

There's a fair few wackos around the place.

Was going for a piss there the other day and this fella was in the cubicle banging his head off the door singing cam cam cam camelion. He then started throwing things over the door like his bag and toilet paper.

It be kinda normal if there was someone with him but he was there on his own, when I was leaving the place, he was singing jingle bells.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

A couple of weeks ago I was chasing squirrels when I spotted some strange-looking fellows throwing a frisbee back and forth. It even looked like they were having fun. What weirdos, eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

yenom wrote: »

Was going for a piss there the other day and this fella was in the cubicle banging his head off the door singing cam cam cam camelion. He then started throwing things over the door like his bag and toilet paper.

It be kinda normal if there was someone with him but he was there on his own, when I was leaving the place, he was singing jingle bells.

That's just one example though.. that doesn't mean that there are lots of weirdos around.. still tho it sounds pretty funny. Did he come in for his bag after throwing it over?

The other day there were a couple in the boole computer room. The girl was talking really loud. I gave a "Suuussshhh" without looking at her. She then said to her bf, "did he just sush me... is he retarded?" I then had to do it again.. this time we looked at each other and she stopped. I hope that wasn't you OP. Apparently I'm the retarded one.

Funny things can happen in the boole when I get bored and starring at pretty girls. Ya man.. the boole is the place to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Yoga guy is fcking hilarious , he does karate too , don't know if he's a mature student or a lecturer but he's always on the presidents garden reaching for his Zen doing handstands and the like !

Also Nice day man , more of a cork thing i suppose but he's always on college road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Yoga guy is fcking hilarious , he does karate too , don't know if he's a mature student or a lecturer but he's always on the presidents garden reaching for his Zen doing handstands and the like !

Also Nice day man , more of a cork thing i suppose but he's always on college road

Always see him in the Mardyke doing it in the mirror above the hall. Very strange craic altogether :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

There's that fella aswell in his 50s/60s that's always walking around the ORB, just strolling around, he has the odd chat with the security too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Praying to god that I haven't done anything on campus to warrant a mention in this thread.

A knew one today, a fella wearing industrial ear protection on Q2

I'm guessing the reason you didn't confront him was because you were in the middle of taking a ****. Its not that there are weirdos around UCC. There are weirdos everywhere.. its just a fact of life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

There's that fella aswell in his 50s/60s that's always walking around the ORB, just strolling around, he has the odd chat with the security too.

is his name > snip < by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Jeez I thought he was a lecturer! Middle-aged, grey-waivy hair, approx 5' 8"?! I spent years attending lectures in the ORB and honestly thought he was a lecturer. He would just walk up and down outside the class and often just stand outside looking in. I'd meet him then at other times just standing at the security-desk talking to who-ever was there.

Unusual character. Never found out for certain what his story was though I wish I had now.

• Advertisement

Someone once told me he was a lecturer but wouldn't they be in their offices during research or correcting stuff.

Someone once told me he was a lecturer but wouldn't they be in their offices during research or correcting stuff.

I'll ask again.. Did he come in for his bag after throwing it over?

He threw it out over the door. Not into a cubicle, no he didn't go out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

A knew one today, a fella wearing industrial ear protection on Q2

More a comment on the ignorance of the general student population.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Jeez I thought he was a lecturer! Middle-aged, grey-waivy hair, approx 5' 8"?! I spent years attending lectures in the ORB and honestly thought he was a lecturer. He would just walk up and down outside the class and often just stand outside looking in. I'd meet him then at other times just standing at the security-desk talking to who-ever was there.

Unusual character. Never found out for certain what his story was though I wish I had now.

He is a lecturer alright, very intelligent but a bit odd. I was going to link to his page on the UCC website but there is no photo of him up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Cian92 wrote: »
    He is a lecturer alright, very intelligent but a bit odd. I was going to link to his page on the UCC website but there is no photo of him up...

I knew he had to be!

The biggest weirdo has got to be > snip <

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I honestly don't really seeing this thread going anywhere, but under no circumstances are people to post names or identifiable details about people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

this thread is solving the physiological phenomena that is ucc people are craiced

Advertisement