Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use the health centre recently?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I've never used it but I'm just wondering what it's like... Like, it says it's not a GP service so what's the difference? What can't it do that a GP can? Also, does anyone know the actually opening hours are because there's a discrepancy between some pages and it's obvious some haven't been updated in a while so I can't tell what the different times are.

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Yes I used it recently. Afaik they do not do medicals for driving licenses and the like. I got the contraceptive implant inserted there and ill be having it removed there. I was shocked it does so many services seeing as it 'is not a replacement for a gp service'. I imagined them to be lacking in many services. Also, the notice boards outside say the hours are 9-6 daily, possibly with an emergency on call doctor outside of those doctors (pretty sure about that one). They have different clinics during different days, it's better to just ring them and ask so you get an appointment for the appropriate clinic. I paid with cash (with ease) a few times when it was clearly stated that credit cards were the only way to pay. The number for the office there is 061 202534. Hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

It's not a replacement for a GP service insofar as they don't want students using it as their only healthcare provider. It's meant to be an emergency service for when you can't get an appointment with your own GP. It also has other responsibilities in relation to certs for i-grades, etc for the university.

Advertisement