Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Irish Economy

Options
  • 28-11-2012 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

A bit harsh I suspect. I`ve appealed this sort of thing before and to no avail so whenever I want to post anything on the Irish Economy I will just use Politics.ie instead. It`s worth checking out as an alternative to Boards.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Two questions:

1) Are you raising a dispute or not?
    2) If the answer to one is "yes", did you PM the mod who banned you to discuss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hawkeye123

Dades wrote: »
    Two questions:

1) Are you raising a dispute or not?
    2) If the answer to one is "yes", did you PM the mod who banned you to discuss it?
    If I were to raise a dispute, would it be a pointless waste of time or could I get unbanned? What does PM stand for? I did not respond to the moderator yet - but he said I should read the rules for the thread so I will do that before I get back to him. I still think it was a bit harsh through. I think I said something like "you know as well as I do ..." about something and the tone may have sounded intemperate. I`m don`t recall if I was responding to a moderator or someone else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hawkeye123 wrote: »
    If I were to raise a dispute, would it be a pointless waste of time or could I get unbanned?
    That depends completely on your case. If the mod was justified according to the charter in giving you ban, then no. I'm not going to look into it until you've talked to the mod who banned you.
    What does PM stand for?
    Private Message.

You were banned by Scofflaw. Click here and choose the "Send Message" and then "Send a private message to Scofflaw" option from the top right.

The moderators are always the first line of appeal in these circumstances. If you are not satisfied that the mod acted in accordance with the charter in response a transgression you can return here and ask for your case to be examined further.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hawkeye123

Dades wrote: »
    That depends completely on your case. If the mod was justified according to the charter in giving you ban, then no.

Then there`s no point in appealing - Scoflow says I did not adhere to the charter and he should know. Still, if boards banned everyone for the slightest infraction of some charter that nobody reads anyway then you wouldn`t have much of a forum. The thread in question became very popular very quickly. We all have our pet hates and I suspect I am Scoflow`s. It would not be the first time he and I differed. On a previous occasion he moderated with the memorable phrase: "... this is not a discussion, it is not even an invitation to discuss. It is just blah, blah, blah, blah, ..."

I will not appeal to Scoflow. I will use Politics.ie for comments on the Irish economy.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Fine. The ban stands, so. You might clear something up for me before you go:
    I`ve appealed this sort of thing before and to no avail...
    When? I can't find any previous appeals by you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement