Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding FL studio 10 difficuit

Options
  • 28-11-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I cannot get my head around Fl studio. It is the first type of software I have downloaded. The drum beat is fine. After that. . . . Blank.

I dont want be like Dr Dre and Deadmau (I do). But would love to be able to change old songs or new ones to a way I like as a hobby, without spending millions on DJ equipment or in general equipment.

Any help much apprciated

Jambo:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

FLStudio isn't really designed for re-mixing, it's primarily a production suite for composing tunes from scratch. Ableton would be a better choice for remixes as it was excellent time-stretching abilites. I'm an FLStudio user myself and it's great for creating tracks. There are loads of tutorials on Youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

It's still more than possible to do remixes in FL, you don't need Ableton. Look up tutorials on sampling and stretching vocal samples to fit the tempo of songs.

I've seen them on youtube before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

you can remix in any daw, take some time out and a little patience - it will come together

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

It can take years for most people to master these so don't be too hasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just watch this tutorial series if you have time.

FL works quite simply. Right click the instrument you load in the step sequencer, draw the notes in the piano roll and paste that part into the playlist which is where the main song is built. Think of the playlist as a collection of loops.

Step sequencers top right corner has a number icon with all the different parts, the loops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement