Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to take my mind off them.

Options
  • 28-11-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

HOW do people quit? Im a smoker of a different kind. I have a bad habbit of smoking weed I want to stop, but just dont no how or what to replace it with. I was a bad drinker before I started smoking and dont want that to happen again. I enjoy getting high, Its a nice feeling. Time flys for me too.. I cannot seen to get motivated what so ever tough to quit.

I work night's weed help's me sleep(very bad sleep patterns)
    But my health and my pocket are really feeling the pinch now.

Any tip's or ideas would be great

Jambo.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 VapeTime

First of all, there really aren't any health issues just from the weed, and I know many people may argue with that idea, but it's true. But I do understand what you're saying, it's habitual and mental, not so much physical. Really, you would have to just either cut off cold turkey, this would be best if you had friends who could help you stay off it, or work your way down. Smoke less and less each day. It's also good to find hobbies. Something to keep your mind off that sober feeling that makes you want to blaze again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jambosambo

VapeTime wrote: »
    First of all, there really aren't any health issues just from the weed, and I know many people may argue with that idea, but it's true. But I do understand what you're saying, it's habitual and mental, not so much physical. Really, you would have to just either cut off cold turkey, this would be best if you had friends who could help you stay off it, or work your way down. Smoke less and less each day. It's also good to find hobbies. Something to keep your mind off that sober feeling that makes you want to blaze again.

I dont disagree with you there, I find I dont move when I smoke. My chest is like a 80year old's... Cold turkey is the only option I think. I have cut down on weed. But I havn't cut down anymore... Spending 70% of my wages on drugs.. And I was always motivated money mad. I dont care for anything nowadays..
    Thanks for your help. Were you a smoker yourself?

Am still, but it's recreation + medical so it's a bit different.

And if your feel cold turkey is your only way, then good luck with it. Remember, friends and family can be extremely useful in this time.

I see... If your Irish I need to no how im going to swing it by the doc's to get some medical :D haha if only. Going off the point a little bad weed has made me want to stop. Being ripped off because of a name. Making quiting a little easyier.

The tabaco will be difficuilt to quit cold turkey.. I did before and I felt as if I was missing something. Same being sobar(from weed) I just dont feel me..

Hypnosis might be worth a go. My father has said it already. I dont want to waste his money on nothing if it dosent work.

If you're looking to quit smoking cigarettes as well, a PV may be something to look into. (Personal vaporizer aka an e-cig) They come in many different looks, styles, tons of flavours, and you can start with a certain nicotine level and work yourself down to none.

• Advertisement

VapeTime wrote: »
    If you're looking to quit smoking cigarettes as well, a PV may be something to look into. (Personal vaporizer aka an e-cig) They come in many different looks, styles, tons of flavours, and you can start with a certain nicotine level and work yourself down to none.

Sounds good.. I sapose they are expensive...
    Will it take the craving away?

They vary in prices, but you can get whole starter kits for around 30$ to 50$ that come with usually 2 ecigs and some cartridges. They come in varying levels of nicotine so you can start with a strong one, to match your cig lvls and then move lower until you get to 0mg juice

Advertisement