Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to put DVDs on iPhone / ipad

• 28-11-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I am looking to put DVDs on my iPhone also I have bought an ipad for my OH for Christmas so I will be trying to do the Same with it thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If you can get the DVD onto a laptop then its no bother. Download Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr) to convert the DVD to the suitable format.

Just select the option for either iPhone or iPad depending on which device you want it on, select the file on the laptop and convert. Can take anything from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the file.

Once its converted you can add through iTunes. Click on 'Movies', go to 'File' and 'Add file to Movies' and then sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Benimar wrote: »
    If you can get the DVD onto a laptop then its no bother. Download Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr) to convert the DVD to the suitable format.

Just select the option for either iPhone or iPad depending on which device you want it on, select the file on the laptop and convert. Can take anything from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the file.

Once its converted you can add through iTunes. Click on 'Movies', go to 'File' and 'Add file to Movies' and then sync.
    You will need to break the encryption too, use DVD43 for a 32 bit system and there is a free dvdfab encryption breaker for 64 bit systems too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Handbrake takes forever to convert videos, I got an app called oplayer for my iPhone and you just pop em in through iTunes. Really easy to use. I think it was 2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

So basically if I get the oplayer app on my iPad I can just stick the DVD onto my laptop and put it on the iPad ?

How would I go about saving the DVD to my laptop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Dunno about the DVD thing as I use downloaded stuff but yeah, there's instructions of how to use it in its description on the App Store iirc. It's very easy and it plays most video formats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Does anyone know how to save Dvds to your pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭midlouth

Benimar wrote: »

Can I suggest you try avidmux, substantially lower conversion times.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/how-to-watch-any-video-on-ipad-no-conversion-required/

Advertisement