Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice

• 28-11-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Anyone hit any ice this morning...was contemplating living the machine at home and luas-ing it. Happily no incidents

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Nothing major; few dodgy places en route to work but manageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Dropped a bike years ago near my parents house when I came to a stop sign put my foot down and slid ...I was chasing the bike around the road trying to pick it up .... Never realised how good tyre rubber was till then....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Markcheese wrote: »
    Dropped a bike years ago near my parents house when I came to a stop sign put my foot down and slid ...I was chasing the bike around the road trying to pick it up .... Never realised how good tyre rubber was till then....

something like this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

There wasn't much on my route either. Only small patches in a few places. Took it easy regardless.

Tomorrow will be the test. It'll be -3 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

bit slidy just leaving my estate, but fairly ok when out and about

tomorrow to be worse? bah

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

paulieeye wrote: »
    something like this??

Is that Max (i will throw a temper tantrum) Biaggi there???:D

Fcuking drama queen.:pac:

Ther worst places will usually be in housing estates and where the sun cannot reach to on some roads (under trees and shadow of houses/buildings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats not ice, THIS is ice:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jeans and a pair of airmax....DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING!!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I took a quick look around my estate this morning and there wasnt a hope i could get the bike out without dropping it. Ended up taking the car and sitting in traffic for 50 minutes when the bike would of taken 10 mins :(

• Advertisement

Better safe then sorry Gary....better safe then sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not too bad here yet. Tonight is supposed to be between -2 and -4 so tomorrow might be icy.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

2 brown trouser moments on the way in this morning. Very slippery in Dublin, haven't seen it that bad in 18 months.

I might be on the dart tomorrow.

C

This is how to ride a bike on ice.

paddy147 wrote: »

Jaysus Paddy, I did not know you had an R1 and a back garden full of snow ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jaysus Paddy, I did not know you had an R1 and a back garden full of snow ;)

And a 14 foot tall Noble Fir Christmass tree too (as of today).And Im not kidding either.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

And a 14 foot tall Noble Fir Christmass tree too (as of today).And Im not kidding either.:D

When Christmas is over you can build a tree house in it:cool:

wussed out and took car.

took me same length of time to get in at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

kaimera wrote: »
    wussed out and took car.

No such thing as wussing out!

No wait there is! /\
    Look a the wuzz | | :D

:'(

meanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

kaimera wrote: »
    wussed out and took car.

did the same...ice all over the shop in the estate. Just forked out 500notes 2 days ago gettin the bike fixed up after some a$$hole dropped it during the nite...so definitely taking no risks..at least for a week or 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

First time I have ever spun my rear tyre on a straight. Just pulled away from the lights and the rear just swayed left and right. I think the tyre was just freezing cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Yeah I took my car too this morning. My estate was all white when I looked out so I wasn't going to risk it. There was a few icy patches on the main roads but for the most part they were grand.

Think I'll take the bike tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I took the bike this morning, actually my route [I stayed in Dublin last night] from Ballyer to Baggot St was fine. It was much worse yesterday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

thought the same myself Ody! or maybe more prepared for it then yesterday, and I took it handier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Got stuck on tolka valley rd in finglas 2 years ago and had to abandon the bike there, during a blizzard. If only I'd worn a cape....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

What a pity we all don't have spikes jutting out of our tyres like that guy :p

When Christmas is over you can build a tree house in it:cool:

The Xmass trees will both be chopped up and shredded/mulched,and then spread out accross the garden

We collect up all the fallen leaves from the Birch trees and hedging and we make leaf mold with it.

Fantastic for the garden,soil and plants.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

-4 over where I am in the uk.

Thankfully the roads around me are very busy so any ice is well gone by the time I'm heading to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was out doing some drifting on the slippery road outside my house this evening, t'was great fun :-)

Advertisement