Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th Birthday Party Venue

Options
  • 28-11-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi all, My friend and I are turning 18 at roughly the same time (22nd of December) and we're looking for an ideal place in Galway town to celebrate. I've already asked De Burgos but they're booked until the 23rd of December, which would be a little too late for me as I'd imagine many of our friends mightn't be able to make it so close to Christmas. The expected turnout would be about 100 people. I've run out of ideas of a possible venue so it'd be much appreciated if some of ye could suggest somewhere else. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Upstairs in the Bal in salthill is a good spot for a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A venue for aprox 100 people will be a bit difficult but check with Rowing Club or An Pucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is this event invite only, or can anyone venture along for a leer?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

tumblr_lftlyqIMXV1qbgdqpo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is this event invite only, or can anyone venture along for a leer?

It'd be invite-only preferably. I may postpone it until after Christmas at this stage though, most places appear to be booked out. Leaning towards De Burgos, as a few that I know had their 18ths there and they gave positive feedback. Carbon contacted me themselves yesterday, claiming they had an area suitable for my party. I replied, but I'm still waiting for them to respond. So yeah still not sure what to do :S

• Advertisement

Did you try the caller? the downstairs are might be free that weekend...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Did you try the caller? the downstairs are might be free that weekend...

...Caller? Do you mean The Cellar? :o But no, that never crossed my mind, might look into it! Thanks.

Wesc. wrote: »
    ...Caller? Do you mean The Cellar? :o But no, that never crossed my mind, might look into it! Thanks.

typos, they happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 claregalway1

<please do not recommend places for under-age drinking>

Wesc. wrote: »
    It'd be invite-only preferably. I may postpone it until after Christmas at this stage though, most places appear to be booked out. Leaning towards De Burgos, as a few that I know had their 18ths there and they gave positive feedback. Carbon contacted me themselves yesterday, claiming they had an area suitable for my party. I replied, but I'm still waiting for them to respond. So yeah still not sure what to do :S

Can de Burgos even have 100 people in at the same time?

• Advertisement

Can de Burgos even have 100 people in at the same time?

Well, my friend had hers there too, and easily fitted 80 people, and it's not like everybody is going to go with college friends being away at their home and all. So, I'd be pretty confident of everybody fitting. I think I may just go ahead and book it in De Burgos for the 28th or 29th of December..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

+1 for Downstairs in the Cellar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

McDonalds

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement