Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works at N77/78 Junction Dunmore?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

What are the works north of Dunmore at the N77/78 junction all about?
    I know there are plans to put in a much needed roundabout here, but this does not seem to be related? Though maybe some of it could be prep work? Anyone know at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You figure this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sully wrote: »
    You figure this out?

No, not really like as if they are doing cabling/piping but not sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mfitzy wrote: »
    No, not really like as if they are doing cabling/piping but not sure.

Didn't think a civil engineering company would do that. Wills Bros, the contractors, tend to do more roads and bridges.

Didn't think a civil engineering company would do that. Wills Bros, the contractors, tend to do more roads and bridges.

Hard to say. Seemed to be some hedgerow clearing going on which could be related to roundabout building. We will have to wait and see.

Hopefully Big Phil might land a few quid (million) for the N77.It's pure sh!te.
    ....ducks for cover :P

Actually do think this to do with the roundabout now...they have some kerbing installed in a round semi circle already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Its the round about have to get 35% of funding spent by 31st dec. Thats the rush to block up the road to Kilkenny just before Xmass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

dzer2 wrote: »
    Its the round about have to get 35% of funding spent by 31st dec. Thats the rush to block up the road to Kilkenny just before Xmass

Ah now, in fairness the traffic is moving very well in the vicinity of the roadworks. Its badly needed as that junction can be extremely dangerous....

These are a right pain. Progress seems glacial to me. They are building a roundabout not a major interchange, plus weather has been favourable and dry.

Still ongoing. Starting to look like a roundabout but cannot see them being finished by the 18th March as advised. Think the resouces in terms of workers employed look fairly thin on the ground, I cannot understand how it can be let go for weeks on end to have double set of roadwork lights at a very busy junction.

The firm doing it have tended to be slow at completing projects lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How do I complain about the people doing the works?

Bowlardo wrote: »

Depends on the grounds? I suspect emailing the council and raising your concerns first anyway.

Depends on the grounds? I suspect emailing the council and raising your concerns first anyway.

I did that the minute I go to work and have yet to receive a reply of any description.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I did that the minute I go to work and have yet to receive a reply of any description.

When did you email them? They may take a day or two max to reply. They generally forward it onto the engineer responsible and then the engineer will take time to reply.

it's not going to be finished till the middle of April. Well holy god miley!

it's not going to be finished till the middle of April. Well holy god miley!

What's that over 6 months to put in a fairly simple roundabout?
    Passed by this evening and traffic was tailbacked to beyond the Dunmore landfill. Once again Kilkenny county council show up their inability to manage road contractors or major roadworks. The Kilkenny ring road, M9 all spring to mind again. How on earth can they allow this go on for so long?

I'd say even the neighbouring farmer was p!ssed off with the pace here as there's stubble fields either side of the works they have been using waiting to be ploughed for spring crops.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I've often had to wait 15 mins or more either side of the roadworks at the cross. It had better be a fantastic roundabout. All i can say thank god for Sky Go to keep me from killing someone :D

The geniuses have put the lights back up again so back to yet another week of delays. Even though the works are substantially complete. Great

Thats crap, they were gone last weekend and the traffic was free flowing. I need to find a detour :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Autosport wrote: »
    Thats crap, they were gone last weekend and the traffic was free flowing. I need to find a detour :(

Bleech road

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Bleech road

Sorry, Captain, but just in case anyone goes Googling this it's "Bleach"

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Sorry, Captain, but just in case anyone goes Googling this it's "Bleach"

I've seen both actually. Though Bleach is probably correct given the bleach mills.

I can honestly say i have never heard of Bleach road or mills. Its great being from the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Thought it was where all the blondes lived

Advertisement