If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 TV's wanted

Options
  • 28-11-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi guys,

I need 2 tv's one for me and one for the Mother in law. Both do not need to be hi-spec'd so best value possible please.

For me;
    32"-40" with Saorview
    For her;
    37"-42"

As i said no preference for brand or lcd/plasma etc, so the best value telly's that you have.
    I noticed on the VIP mailer a 42" for £299?

Cheers,
    Steekers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

Hi guys, any news on this? I've tried calling the shop a couple of times but no joy.

Cheers,
    Steekers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Steekers wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I need 2 tv's one for me and one for the Mother in law. Both do not need to be hi-spec'd so best value possible please.

For me;
    32"-40" with Saorview
    For her;
    37"-42"

As i said no preference for brand or lcd/plasma etc, so the best value telly's that you have.
    I noticed on the VIP mailer a 42" for £299?

Cheers,
    Steekers

Steekers,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - ooohhhhh you are looking for brownie points getting the Mum in law a TV for Christmas - well done!

Lets do the Mum in law first - we do have the Sharp LC40SH340 available to order at just £299.95 (it's an instore only offer though) and it's quite a decent TV to be fair: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-led-tvs/sharp/lc40sh340/shar-lc40sh340

..However if it was me I'd spend a little extra and go for the Panasonic TXP42X50 which at just £329.95 is just about irresistible!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp42x50b/pana-txp42x50b the picture quality on this Panasonic really does not in any way reflect its budget price!

On to the 32-40 for you and here are a few options:

At 32" the best TV in terms of bang for buck is probably the 32LS570 which has great picture AND audio quality and is currently just £379.95 have a look at the spec here: http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-32LS570T-led-tv

The 37LS570 is also available in 37" at £459 and 42" at £479.95..

If the 32LS570 is a little over specced - then have a look at the Samsung UE32EH6030 at £349.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue32eh6030/sams-ue32eh6030 this has a good feature list but mainlines on picture quality with 200Hz CMR picture scanning..

If you want a basic jobbie but still retaining decent quality then I'd head towards the Samsung 32EH5000 at £269.95
    The 40EH5000 is also available at just £369.95

Again I know you say you can take up to 40" but the Panasonic TXP42X50 at £329.95 should not be ignored as it really is excellent for the spends!

If you were feeling a bit flush and again could take the 42" the next option is the 42E5 which is now reduced from £579.95 to £469.95 and represents excellent value at that price: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42e5b/pana-txl42e5b - if you compare the pricing of this at £469 against the competition in the ROI hopefully you will see what amazing value the 42E5 is (assuming you have the space of course!)

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and please keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

Definitely interested in the Panny, not sure yet about the 32". Probably go with the Samsung 32EH5000.

Are these both deliverable or what about instore? I'll be up your way visiting the relies around the 22nd.

Cheers,
    Steekers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Steekers wrote: »
    Definitely interested in the Panny, not sure yet about the 32". Probably go with the Samsung 32EH5000.

Are these both deliverable or what about instore? I'll be up your way visiting the relies around the 22nd.

Cheers,
    Steekers

Hi Steekers,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

The Pana is a in-store only purchase so would need to be collected in Belfast. If your going to be up this way there is no problem reserving the screens over for you :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.