Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Site

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am in my early 30's and living in North Dublin. I have been kinda looking for a house for the last year but there is not much where I want to live (for the money I can afford). I would really like to move in the next year or two.

I'm living in Donabate and I would like get a house here, Portmarnock or Malahide but would consider further a field if the price and location was right.

Is there anybody out there that would be interested in trying to approach a farmer to buy some land and doing a self build. If we could get 10 couples/people that are interested we would have much more pulling power to buy land and get planning. The savings would also be pretty good.

So the plan would be to
    1. Check for provisional planning
    2. Buy the land between us
    3. Apply for planning
    4. Decide on plots
    5. Pay any fingal charges and shared charges (solicitors,architects etc)
    6. Each individual can then build their own house at their own expense to the plans already decided on.

Not sure if the above is the correct process but something like that.

Advertisement