Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop or desktop for gaming?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey

I'm looking to buy a new computer. The highest I could go would probably be about €500 to €600 absolute maximum. It would be primarily used for gaming (CoD), with a bit of word processing thrown in. Gaming is the most important consideration though.

I have absolutely no idea what would be the best to get. I would prefer a laptop for portability, but I think they're far more expensive than desktops.

Any advice for me??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Desktop is definitely the best way to go if you want a gaming setup as a gaming laptop would be way to too dear for what you could get in a desktop and would be unpractical as a portable machine due to the size
    you would have to pay closer to a grand for a laptop that would give you the same output graphically that you could pay for a €600 desktop
    You could always save up later for a tablet or laptop

go here and fill in your requirements and the lads will come back with a good system for the money you have

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

That's great. Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

Undoubtedly, desktop is so much better than laptop. You may buy a portable case if you want to play away from home. Desktops are way cheaper and get better performance than a laptop.

Advertisement