Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Christmas Timetable 2012

Options
  • 28-11-2012 12:33pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

But does anyone know when Bus Eireann will have their Christmas Timetables available?

Their Journey Planner only goes as far as 21st December 2012. And it's been that way for a few weeks now, I thought by now you'd be able to see past the 21st as it's within a month. I'm curious what time buses and how many will be running on Christmas Eve and St. Stephen's Day or is it business as normal for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's usually published in early December.

Buses usually finish earlier than normal on the 24th, and a limited service operates on the 26th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lxflyer wrote: »
    It's usually published in early December.

Buses usually finish earlier than normal on the 24th, and a limited service operates on the 26th.

Thanks for the reply! :)

I'll keep checking back so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Many of the time tables will have a footnote stating what the general Christmas-New Year's policy is, e.g. "No services on Christmas Day or St. Stephen’s Day. On other Public Holidays, services will operate according to Sunday timetable." or "No services on Christmas Day. Enquire about St. Stephen’s Day services."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks Victor,

I saw the footnote on the hard copy of the timetable, doesn't give much detail. I'll wait until the Buseireann site has the journey planner updated for more info.

:)

Advertisement