Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Nexus 7 32GB Wi-Fi £179

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

XDivaX wrote: »
    If I get a friend living in London to order it via play store will I be able to set it up here? Or would it be like UK kindle?

A nexus 7 bought here or in the UK will be the exact same, so in other words yes, you could get a friend to buy it for you on the UK store.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

CombatCow wrote: »
    Got My Nexus today and got the free cookies delivered yesterday separately, fantastic service from Viking I have to say!

A98AOPYCQAAGxU0.jpg

I want cookies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I ordered one on Monday. It arrived yesterday afternoon.
    I had call Viking on Tuesday to check the order and was told that it was not in stock and wouldn't be back until Dec 19th. I did argue that the item hadn't shown up as out of stock when I'd ordered it so they said I must have been lucky and just got one before they were out of stock. I rang back yesterday to check and was told it would arrive today. In actual fact, as I said above, it arrive yesterday evening.
    I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but it looks great. Much better size for holding in your hand and surfing or reading than, say, an iPad - in my opinion.
    Huge thanks to OP for the heads up on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

can anyone tell me - the screen specs for both Kindle Fire HD and Google Nexus 7 are the same from what I read...does this mean nexus 7 is also HD? (maybe stupid question i know:o but i know nothing about this HD stuff!

fifib wrote: »
    can anyone tell me - the screen specs for both Kindle Fire HD and Google Nexus 7 are the same from what I read...does this mean nexus 7 is also HD? (maybe stupid question i know:o but i know nothing about this HD stuff!

Both the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD 7' version are 1280x800 so they can both display 720p HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭ollaetta

cowlove wrote: »
    Courier I think. Nightline delivered me a viking direct catalogue today :confused:

A big downside of Viking Direct is that they bombard you with catalogues after a purchase. Bought a printer last year and was getting catalogues as often as twice weekly for ages. Took several e-mails over and back before they stopped.

(Sorry for veering off topic :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Nexus 7 is available in HMV on Henry Street for €239. They also have a deal of Sennheiser HD218 headphones for half price (€25) with the tablet. See the deal here on the UK site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

robo wrote: »
    Nexus 7 is available in HMV on Henry Street for €239. They also have a deal of Sennheiser HD218 headphones for half price (€25) with the tablet. See the deal here on the UK site

Was in there at lunchtime. They're out of stock but expecting a fresh batch in the coming days.

thomasj wrote: »
    Was in there at lunchtime. They're out of stock but expecting a fresh batch in the coming days.

Well I was in there at around 4pm & got one :D Get back in, think they only got 40 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Komplett.ie also have them 32gb for 249 a bit dearer but in stock.

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/Site/Catalog/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=80009109&utm_source=Komplett_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=12-12-14&s2m_channel=102&s2m_type=3

Just been back on their site and they are going fast currently only 5 in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Anybody know if they will have more 16gb in before Christmas.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yup. I spoke to them yesterday (Viking) and they will have stock on the 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

gerryk wrote: »

Would it delivered before Christmas I wonder ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

hmm... Are Viking based in the UK?
    I'll be in England for x-mas, might be faster to just get it posted there.

Ilyushin76 wrote: »

They say next day, but you pays your money and you takes your chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Ordered mine Tuesday, delivered today.
    Very happy thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ilyushin76 wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't chance it but its really good value at the 179e. If you are going to be getting the 32gb model, you may as well buy in PC World, Harvey Norman, or the likes. Purely because it is handier if something happens to it within the warranty period, but also shop local and all that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

I'll be in England for x-mas, might be faster to just get it posted there.

I was doing my Xmas shopping in Swansea yesterday and HMV and carphone warehouse had plenty available....not sure of price in HMV but they were £179 in carphone warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I was doing my Xmas shopping in Swansea yesterday and HMV and carphone warehouse had plenty available....not sure of price in HMV but they were £179 in carphone warehouse

Just a comment - some people have had probs with frozen pixels etc - if your only saving 10 or 20 euro I would err on the side of caution and go bricks and mortar on this so it can be replaced easily if you have a problem - this close to Xmas (this is coming from a happy nexus owner who hasn't had any problems BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't think that'll matter much. Afaik a couple of dead pixels is within manufacturers tolorences so they're under no obligation to replace it.

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't think that'll matter much. Afaik a couple of dead pixels is within manufacturers tolorences so they're under no obligation to replace it.

All the more reason to buy online. Distance selling rules and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

All the more reason to buy online. Distance selling rules and so on.
    Fair points I guess - do you know if the RMA process is straight forward if you've bought through parcel motel ? On frozen pixels its something I could live with on a old device - however on brand new tablet it would be going straight back ! Anyways I don't want to turn anyone off the nexus - its pretty much a perfect piece of technology - and anyone buying one will be satisfied - it would be still a bargain even if it was priced the same price as the iPad mini !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Best place to pick one of these up before Christmas?

Opr

opr wrote: »

Opr

Well HMV on Henry street had some for €239.99 last Friday!

• Advertisement

Opr

And if they are not there Harvey Norman or PC World are doing them for 10e more. I got mine there last week. There stock seems limited though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Frank11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

Opr

PC World or Currys. €239 for 32GB with good stock levels. Got mine in PC World Naas for the wife and it is stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Damien360 wrote: »
    PC World or Currys. €239 for 32GB with good stock levels. Got mine in PC World Naas for the wife and it is stunning.

The wife?

• Advertisement

Ordered this case of ebay, will post up what its like if anyones interested.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

padocon wrote: »
    Ordered this case of ebay, will post up what its like if anyones interested.

Link
    Received mine today. It's a brilliant case. It's thin, feels great in the hand and seems quite protective.

Received mine today. It's a brilliant case. It's thin, feels great in the hand and seems quite protective.

Oh great, did it take long to come, I'm hoping to have mine before Christmas! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Oh great, did it take long to come, I'm hoping to have mine before Christmas! :)
    Ordered it on Wednesday night, shipped Thursday and it arrived just this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

€245.99 incl. VAT

Re: Viking Direct - I wouldnt bother.

I ordered one on Monday, the same day as they were due into stock. Expected delivery today and I just called them now and the stock isnt due in until the 28th. I'm screwed now as it was an xmas present for someone.

Re: Viking Direct - I wouldnt bother.

I ordered one on Monday, the same day as they were due into stock. Expected delivery today and I just called them now and the stock isnt due in until the 28th. I'm screwed now as it was an xmas present for someone.

Was it a 16gb? The 32gb are in Harvey Norman and PC World, I got mine in Harvey Norman a few days ago and they had a few in stock.

Was it a 16gb? The 32gb are in Harvey Norman and PC World, I got mine in Harvey Norman a few days ago and they had a few in stock.

Yeah, you're better off cancelling the order and just shelling out the extra for a 32gb in a B&M store here. I got one in Argos, having just missed the last allotment of VD ones. It was €240, which while a bit more, is worth going for to avoid Christmas disappointment. If I hadn't spent the day faffing about deciding whether to buy it or not, I would have got the one from VD. Live and learn I guess!

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're better off cancelling the order and just shelling out the extra for a 32gb in a B&M store here. I got one in Argos, having just missed the last allotment of VD ones. It was €240, which while a bit more, is worth going for to avoid Christmas disappointment. If I hadn't spent the day faffing about deciding whether to buy it or not, I would have got the one from VD. Live and learn I guess!

Then again its easy to say now, the VD ones may not have come in time for Christmas, as it happens they did which is very nice for those that got them. :)

Then again its easy to say now, the VD ones may not have come in time for Christmas, as it happens they did which is very nice for those that got them. :)

true that, although it was far enough away from christmas that it wasn't a huge risk, but to order now would be tempting fate lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Someone posting here that all tablets are half price in HMV Grafton st. anyone near there or any other HMV that can confirm?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    Someone posting here that all tablets are half price in HMV Grafton st. anyone near there or any other HMV that can confirm?

I bought one there yesterday, and paid full price (239), so I would have to say it sounds like BS.
    That said, they are selling some Chinese stuff, like Ainol or some such, and they are pretty cheap, so maybe that's what was being referred to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I bought one there yesterday, and paid full price (239), so I would have to say it sounds like BS.
    That said, they are selling some Chinese stuff, like Ainol or some such, and they are pretty cheap, so maybe that's what was being referred to.

Don't think the Nexus is included, but I noticed the Archos ones were down in price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Many people still waiting on their nexus 7 from viking? Was told mine was back in stock on Thursday and would be delivered on Friday. Suprise suprise it didn't arrive. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Many people still waiting on their nexus 7 from viking? Was told mine was back in stock on Thursday and would be delivered on Friday. Suprise suprise it didn't arrive. :(

What about collecting it early tomorrow. I think they are over near blanch.

Advertisement