Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man discovers wife used to be male after 19 years of marriage

• 28-11-2012 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

London, Nov. 27 (ANI): A man from Belgium wants to have his marriage annulled after discovering that his Indonesian wife of 19 years had originally been a man and had undergone a sex change.

The man, only named as Jan, married Monica, his family's former au pair, in 1993 despite legal difficulties posed by the Belgian immigration authorities.

"I feel I've been assaulted," the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Het Nieuwsblad newspaper.

"I brought her to Belgium. That was not easy. The Belgian courts had serious doubts about the authenticity of her birth and her identity papers, but eventually they accepted it anyway.

"I thought she was an attractive woman, all woman. She had no male traits," he said.

The couple decided not to have kids as Jan, 64, had two from his previous marriage and she fooled him by pretending to menstruate, using sanitary towels, "to conceal the truth," the paper said.

"Even during sex, I never noticed anything," he said.

Jan, who is undergoing psychiatric treatment following the discovery, has started legal proceedings to have the marriage annulled.

After 19 years could ye really give a fcuk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

No. That's the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

she was a 'doofer' for 19 years then he must have gotten fed up

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I wonder how he find out? Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that confrontation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Does that make him gay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In before the 40 pages of circular arguments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Clear cut case of Male fraud

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

danslevent wrote: »
    I wonder how he find out? Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that confrontation!

My guess is when the missus decided to show her support for Movember!

Or when he finally realised his wife has massive man hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Ah that's not nice. He had a right to know something like that. I think most guys would feel a bit violated if hey found out their missus used to be a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

That's fcuked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

"I feel I've been assaulted,"

Says it all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Either your man had never seen a fanny before, or the surgeon did a ridiculously good job if he didn't notice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

every hole has been an own-goal for this poor bloke:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ah that's not nice. He had a right to know something like that. I think most guys would feel a bit violated if hey found out their missus used to be a man.

Understatement of the year!

You would want to know if your car ever had a serious refit, never mind your 'woman'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Its possible he just wants a divorce, and it'd be a lot cheaper to have the marriage declared invalid so he doesn't have to pay up.

19 years is a long time to be deceived though, especially when the Belgian authorities flagged her papers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

davet82 wrote: »
    After 19 years could ye really give a fcuk?

He's been lied to for at least 19 years, I think he should be pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Did he not get suspicious when they used the pub urinals together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Leaving the seat up and having an interest in football should have been a hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's an awful feeling when you drop the clutch only to find the handbrake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The grey moustache must have been a giveaway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

c_man wrote: »
    He's been lied to for at least 19 years, I think he should be pissed off.

half jokin there, i just find its funny cause its not me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sounds like bullshít to me. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the exact mechanics of sex changes and i accept some of them are very hard to tell with their clothes on and all that - but surely she was missing a clit for starters - 19 fúcking years and he didn't notice that?
    Shenanigans your honour:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

He had a right to know that she used to be a man, and he could have made his own mind up after hearing it. But to wait 19 years is a bit shady. Yeah, she's obviously at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Would have been so much funnier if her name was Sheena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/belgian-man-discovers-wife-used-male-19-years-070815588.html
    Sounds like bullshít to me. I'm not all that knowledgeable about the exact mechanics of sex changes and i accept some of them are very hard to tell with their clothes on and all that - but surely she was missing a clit for starters - 19 fúcking years and he didn't notice that?
    Which part of sex change do you not understand? The man becomes a woman, including getting boobs, and swapping the dick with a clit, amongst other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most people are probably thinking about this from the "eww" and "OMG does this mean I'm gay" perspective, but after 19 years and assuming he loved her, I'm sure the worst thing about this for him is the emotional betrayal more than anything else.
    Unless you're a gynecologist or Charlie Sheen, are you really going to make comments about how your wife looks "down there"? Vaginas are as varied as penises, so unless she mentioned that something was "wrong" down there, he probably assumed that this was normal, for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

A few pics would be handy, then we could judge for ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

She was always a good mother to my children, and also a fantastic cook, though she wasn't that great at cleaning and ironing - and now I know why!

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

LittleBook wrote: »
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

No need for the laughter everyone knows women are terrible cooks but at least they can clean and iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

"Even during sex, I never noticed anything,". I just thought RESULT when she said she preferred it that way :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

"I asked for a mail order bride, not a male order bride!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey everyone. :)

I'd like to make a little request if I can, and ask if we can try not to use this thread as a springboard to bash transgender people? Whatever you may think of this woman and what her actions may have been, I'd hope that this wouldn't be used as something to tar an entire demographic of people with. Thanks.

I am pretty dubious about the story though. I'm not exactly calling bull****, but it would appear like there's a lot more to this. here's another article about this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/9703166/Belgian-discovers-his-wife-used-to-be-a-man-after-19-years.html

This bit here:
    "My oldest son saw her sometimes at a nightclub. She began to wear very flashy clothes, those ultra-short skirts or tiny tops, so her abdomen was completely exposed."

Finally rumours began to surface and after Jan found "amorous messages" from other men on her computer, he confronted her in a violent row that led to the police being called.

and this here:
    Jan, who is undergoing psychiatric treatment following the discovery, has started legal proceedings to have the marriage annulled but the Belgian courts have so far refused to allow him to turn her out of the familiy home.

the whole thing sounds more like a rapidly dissolving marriage, she was cheating on him, and in turn he's claimed she had lied to him so that he can get the marriage annulled and turf her out.

from my own experience I'd think that he had known all about her and is just using this against her now, because I've seen it happen too many times already. I know transgender girls who've been beaten by guys they were going out with, only for the guys to claim "she lied to me/tricked me!" when the police show up and get off scott free. I've seen it happen too many times and from that experience, I would think in this case the guy knew well about his wife and didn't give a **** until things started breaking down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Links234 wrote: »

the whole thing sounds more like a rapidly dissolving marriage, she was cheating on him, and in turn he's claimed she had lied to him so that he can get the marriage annulled and turf her out.

My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Why on earth would you think she wouldn't have a clitoris? :confused:

Trans women who do go for genital reassignment surgery do indeed have a clitoris, labia majora and minora, they don't just chop bits off and cut a hole you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A bit more info. I'd say he may of thought it for quite some time, but choose to ignore the small doubts; love can be blind.

The part in the article that said;
    She was now a woman, and so she did not need to tell me about her past as a man
    would probably be the biggest let down to him, as Jan may see it as a case of Monica not trusting Jan enough to tell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

the_syco wrote: »
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/belgian-man-discovers-wife-used-male-19-years-070815588.html

Which part of sex change do you not understand? The man becomes a woman, including getting boobs, and swapping the dick with a clit, amongst other things.
    seamus wrote: »
    Most people are probably thinking about this from the "eww" and "OMG does this mean I'm gay" perspective, but after 19 years and assuming he loved her, I'm sure the worst thing about this for him is the emotional betrayal more than anything else.

Unless you're a gynecologist or Charlie Sheen, are you really going to make comments about how your wife looks "down there"? Vaginas are as varied as penises, so unless she mentioned that something was "wrong" down there, he probably assumed that this was normal, for her.

Trans women who do go for genital reassignment surgery do indeed have a clitoris, labia majora and minora, they don't just chop bits off and cut a hole you know?

Well you live and learn every day! I'm not quite sure what i thought a transgendered fandango would look like, but being a lifelong admirer of the natural ones I had, perhaps foolishly, assumed that it would be very easy to tell a real one from a surgically constructed one. I mean there are millions of boob jobs performed every year, probably thousands of times more than genital reassignment and it's still quite easy to spot the difference.
    I find it unimaginable that i could marry a woman who'd had a boob job and not notice, stands to reason that the rarer the surgery is the less time there has been to perfect it. I honestly doubt anyone could be fooled for any length of time - 19 years?? No. No way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

CJC999 wrote: »
    Does that make him gay?

nah probably just makes him Bi.

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Either your man had never seen a fanny before, or the surgeon did a ridiculously good job if he didn't notice!!

wouldnt say its that difficult for a plastic surgeon to craft a passable gash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I also like how he fought the law when he wanted to get with the Indonesian au pair nearly 20 years younger than him and wants to use it now to get rid of her.
    The man ... married ... his family's former au pair in 1993 despite legal difficulties raised by the Belgian immigration authorities ... The Belgian courts had serious doubts about the authenticity of her birth and her identity papers, but eventually they accepted it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭loggedoff

This is what happens when you buy stuff on ebay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Well you live and learn every day! I'm not quite sure what i thought a transgendered fandango would look like, but being a lifelong admirer of the natural ones I had, perhaps foolishly, assumed that it would be very easy to tell a real one from a surgically constructed one. I mean there are millions of boob jobs performed every year, probably thousands of times more than genital reassignment and it's still quite easy to spot the difference.
    I find it unimaginable that i could marry a woman who'd had a boob job and not notice, stands to reason that the rarer the surgery is the less time there has been to perfect it. I honestly doubt anyone could be fooled for any length of time - 19 years?? No. No way.

Boob jobs adds plastic/silicone whatever in. Vagoo surgery uses extant bits.

Properly done by a good surgeon and you wouldn't be able to tell. There's stories of gynecologists needing to do internal exams to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

I didn't know this, I'd say most people don't understand how the whole process works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

anhedonia wrote: »
    nah probably just makes him Bi.

Neither, I reckon. She used to be a man. Now she is a she. How that could make the husband gay or bi, I'm not sure :confused:

old hippy wrote: »
    Neither, I reckon. She used to be a man. Now she is a she. How that could make the husband gay or bi, I'm not sure :confused:

Yeah you're right, was taking the p!ss, just a bit of blatant unfounded pigeonholing based on all the sexuality threads lately.

It makes him straight-up deceived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

anhedonia wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, was taking the p!ss, just a bit of blatant unfounded pigeonholing based on all the sexuality threads lately.

It makes him straight-up deceived.

They probably need counselling, she can explain why she kept her secret & he can explain his stance - whether it was the deception or he may be a bit prejudiced regarding gender realignment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

He knew all right. Now he's covering himself because it's come out in the open and he to much of a coward to stand up and admit he knew. A one night stand you could believe but 19 years?

I'm calling BS on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Does that count as rape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

bluecode wrote: »

I'm calling BS BJ on this one.

That explains it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

old hippy wrote: »
    They probably need counselling, he can explain why he kept his secret & he can explain his stance - whether it was the deception or he may be a bit prejudiced regarding gender realignment...

Corrected that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...and in all the pages of this thread so far, nobody has thought to compliment the surgical team on their skill. For shame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement