Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to PS3 - good S/H games?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting a thirdhand PS3 (It's had the YLOD before and I sorted it myself) for the first time and am looking for secondhand game recommendations. I tend to go for (semi)realistic shooters like GTA IV, racing sims etc, but I'm open to all suggestions. I tend not to finish games, just run around experimenting with all sorts of stuff.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have to say I really loved the Dead Space 1&2 games. Picked them both up very cheap and well worth it, imo.

Batman Arkham Asylum
    God of War 1-3
    Uncharted 1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah the Uncharted series in particular the 2nd and 3rd. Great games you will not regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you have a good broadband connection, maybe give Playstation Plus a look for the games they have.
    Infamous 2 on it is a fun open world game.
    Next month has Batman: Arkham City.
    Plenty of others on there as well with games being rotated every month.

And if you want a quick explanation of PS+, it's a subscription service costing €50 a year that gives subscribers access to loads of digital copies of retail games for as long as your subscriptions lasts. There is also a 3 month sub for €15, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3

Really, that'll keep you going for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Red Dead Redemption definitely.

There's also a good sale on the Episodes from Liberty City bundle on PSN.Other open world shooters with driving like GTA worth checking out are Saints Row 2 and 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

I's also recommend the Mass Effect games. Even if you don't usually finish games they'll suck you in. More RPG than shooter but they're excellent games. The first one will also be available for PS3 soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You could try the Souls games. They take some getting used to but I reckon Dark Souls is this generation's best game.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement