Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellington Road

Options
  • 28-11-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I am having a look at a small apartment in one of the terraces on Wellington Road. The rent seems to be cheaper than on the South side. Just wondering if this is a safe area to live in?

many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I used to live half way up Patricks Hill and although you could say that there was a rough element and you'd see the odd indication of trouble here and there, I never felt unhappy to live there. It's surprisingly quiet up that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Well,some of the terraces there aren't the best..

I think one is Charlemont terace,or something like that...Lots of people on the news lately for various crimes and that terrace was mentioned a lot.

But,,I think it's like a lot of areas,,probably ok in general,,but it only takes a few to give it a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It's been fairly quite around that area lately, a guy chopped up his flatmate a few years ago, but he's died since so you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

There are a lot of heroin busts and stabbings around that area (I'm sure I'll be accused of scaremongering for saying that)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

friends of ours rented there for a year and had one car damaged and another stolen. other than that it seemed fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Avoid it OP.

My friend used to live at Verdon Place, just off Wellington Road. She got mugged walking down the road near her house one evening during the summer. The flats in that area always struck me as being very dark and dingy. A few strange/undesirable characters were always seemed lurking around too. Wellington Road itself is not very well lit, so I used to drop her out some evenings from work, i didn't like her walking home by herself.

There are better reasonably priced places on the Northside close to city centre, such as St Luke's, Glanmire Road, Tivoli or Sundays Well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

layman1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having a look at a small apartment in one of the terraces on Wellington Road. The rent seems to be cheaper than on the South side. Just wondering if this is a safe area to live in?

many thanks.
    Does the landlords surname rhyme with furry?If you I'd give it a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

It's fine - you get a bit of 'wildlife' due to the proximity to the centre, but I have never felt unsafe or threatened in the 14 years I lived in the area. I like the mix of family houses and flats, you get a variety of people. It would be a very boring world if we were all the same. Is the flat nice? What is the house like? Clean, tidy, warm? That's the important thing, the area is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

okedoke wrote: »
    There are a lot of heroin busts and stabbings around that area (I'm sure I'll be accused of scaremongering for saying that)

No. Its the truth but since the last stabbing its quietened down and strangely there seems to be less junkies around then there was previously.

Two cars were broke into outside a month ago and I can tell ye straight out that the violence can erupt at random here.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Violence can erupt at random anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement