Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-operation between banks - Gone?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I tried to lodge some cash into my Ulster Bank account in a branch of Bank of Ireland. I've done this many times before as there aren't very many UB branches up here. I had a slip from my UB lodgement book filled out and I thought I could use this to lodge money anywhere. I've had no problem before but today I was told by the cashier that BoI can no longer transfer money to UB. Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi genie,

Thanks for your post.

It is no longer possible to make over the counter lodgements to non Bank of Ireland accounts.
    Apologies if you were not informed of this before travelling to the branch.
    There are a number of ways to make the payment such as:

Banking 365 Online – Some branches have an internet terminal for online transfers
    Banking 365 Telephone
    365 Mobile App
    Setting up a standing order

If you are a business customer, you can transfer via Business Online.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thank you for your reply but as I stated above, I am not a Bank of Ireland customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Genie,

The above applies to Bank of Ireland customers.

Apologies for the confusion.
    From your original post, it was not made clear you are not a Bank of Ireland customer.

Ulster Bank may be able to provide alternative ways to transfer to your account.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement