Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennels in co wicklow / co wexford

• 28-11-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

hi

just wondering if any one can recommend a very good boarding kennel in co wicklow / co wexford area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Julygirl

I have only used one so can't say how good, bad or otherwise it is compared to others but we have had our dog in with Strings Boarding in Coolgreany (between Gorey and Arklow)

Our dog is like a big baby and the first time she went she wasn't too happy about being left. When we picked her up, she was wrecked and very very happy.

The second time, she bounced out of the car and nearly trampled us trying to get into the place. And the same, she was so tired and happy when she got home.

It's not too badly priced either

As I said though, it's my only experience with any sort of boarding kennels so you may need to shop around to find one that suits you best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

I always use home from home kennels - despite the name there is actually no kennelling involved! The dogs live as part of the family. They have acres of land for walking and playing and the dogs sleep indoors at night. They also collect and drop back ... Bonus!! :-) I have a biggie and an anti social madam and Helen and Dave are great with them! They can be a handful but they love it there and always come home wrecked and happy! Helen and Dave also keep in touch by text while they are staying there which is a big deal for me as I tend to worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cjf wrote: »
    I always use home from home kennels - despite the name there is actually no kennelling involved! The dogs live as part of the family. They have acres of land for walking and playing and the dogs sleep indoors at night. They also collect and drop back ... Bonus!! :-) I have a biggie and an anti social madam and Helen and Dave are great with them! They can be a handful but they love it there and always come home wrecked and happy! Helen and Dave also keep in touch by text while they are staying there which is a big deal for me as I tend to worry!

I have heard amazing things about these kennels, although I live nowhere near them I am definaty going to check them out! How much do they charge,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

thanks, yes home from home do sound amazing, I have 3 boys and I would like them to be able to sleep together in terms of not being seperated by kennells, my boys sleep in the hse aswell so they may be a bit more comfortable with this, one is a creature of habit and hates change so I am most worried about him.

I will definitely give these people a call to find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threepennys

cjf wrote: »
    Where are they based & would you be able to send me contact details? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Can't remember specifics on pricing sadly don't go away that often!! But was very reasonable.

Advertisement