Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAGE CONTENDER XVI : DUBLIN : 23 FEB 2013

• 28-11-2012 3:24pm
    Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep

The first Cage Contender of Season 4 will be in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght on 23 Feb 2013.

Anyone wanting a space on this show get in touch as soon as possible.

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

BANTAMWEIGHT

Ricky "The Postman" Edgeworth (Team Ryano) -v- Andy "Taz" Young (Next Gen NI)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep Cage Contender

CAGE CONTENDER WELTERWEIGHT TITLE (Interim)
    Arni "The Ice Viking" Isaksson (Mjólnir) -v- TBC

BANTAMWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Chris "Menace to Society" Stringer (Team Kaobon) -v- TBC

WELTERWEIGHT
    John "The Baby Faced Assassin" Redmond (Rush Fight Academy) -v- TBC

LIGHTWEIGHT
    "Magic" Myles Price (KBA) -v- TBC

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
    Johnny Dargan (SBGi) -v- TBC

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Mick Brennan (KBA) -v- TBC

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Peter "The Show Stopper" Queally (SBGi) -v TBC

More details to follow next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Looks like a great card. Any chance of a Stringer Vs Price rematch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

LIGHTWEIGHT
    "Magic" Myles Price (KBA) -v- Mark Glover (Team Kaobon)

232288.jpg

UFC veteran Samy Schiavo will make his return to MMA action in the BANTAMWEIGHT division at Cage Contender XVI

Details of his opponent will be released in the coming week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Can you confirm anymore of the TBC's ?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Can you confirm anymore of the TBC's ?

Cheers

At the minute we are waiting on contracts etc. As soon as the TBC's are confirmed we will let people know straight away

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Anthony Carrick (MMA Lucan) -v- Johnny Origan (Coolmine MMA)

232444.png

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

Arni "The Ice Viking" Isaksson (Mjólnir) -v- Ali Arish
    Cage Contender Interim Welterweight Champion Arni “The Ice Viking” Isaksson will have his first title defence on February 23rd when he faces the tough as teak Iranian wrestling expert Ali Arish at Dublin’s National Basketball Arena....... READ FULL STORY

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

WETLERWEIGHT

John "The Babyfaced Assassin" Redmond (Rush Fight Academy) -v- Chris "Da Badman" McDonald (Team Dungeon)

BUY TICKETS NOW ONLINE!!

Tickets are available at PREMIER TICKETS From Only €30.

ONLINE ONLY XMAS OFFER:

20% OFF ALL RESERVED, CAGE SIDE & VIP TICKETS UNTIL XMAS EVE

Reserved €38.50.......... XMAS OFFER €30.80
    Cage Side €48.50......... XMAS OFFER €38.80
    VIP Front Row €52.50.... XMAS OFFER €42.00

• Advertisement

Arni "The Ice Viking" Isaksson (Mjólnir) -v- Ali Arish (Fight Factory)

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Samy "The Dog" Schiavo (BUSHIDO ACADEMIE) -v- TBC

BANTAMWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Chris "Menace" Stringer (Team Kaobon) -v- TBC

WELTERWEIGHT
    John "The Baby Faced Assassin" Redmond (Rush Fight Academy) -v- Chris "Da Badman" McDonald (Team Dungeon)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    "Magic" Myles Price (KBA) -v- Mark Glover (Team Koabon)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Prelim Card

LIGHTWEIGHT

Chris Stringer is handed a Lightweight Title shot at Cage Contender 16

232953.jpg

Christmas has come early for Chris “Menace” Stringer as it has been revealed that following Cage Contender Lightweight Champion Norman Parke winning The Ultimate Fighter and receiving a contract from UFC Stringers fight at Cage Contender 16 will be for the now vacant Title.......... READ FULL STORY

CAGE CONTENDER LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

BANTAMWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT
    John "The Baby Faced Assassin" Redmond (Rush Fight Academy) -v- Chris "Da Badman" McDonald (Team Dungeon)

LIGHTWEIGHT

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Prelim Card

LIGHTWEIGHT

MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Konrad Iwanski (Team Ryano) -v- TBC

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Ian Cleary (Primal MMA) -v- TBC

WELTERWEIGHT
    Owen Kinney (Ashcroft Vale Tudo) -v- TBC

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Valdrim Lubistani (Cill Darra MMA) -v- TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MMA Lucan

BANTAMWEIGHT
    Valdrim Lubistani (Cill Darra MMA) -v- TBC[/Quote]

Looking forward to seeing Valdrim again, he was very good at Ryoshin FC 2. Very Talented young man, Big prospect

Paul "Semtex" Daley signs to headline CC16!
    One of the worlds best known and most controversial Welterweights Paul “Semtex” Daley has signed to headline Cage Contender 16 in Dublin, Ireland on 23 February at the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght

Daley (30-12-2) will headline an already ram packed card that includes Arni Isaksson facing Ali Arish, Chris Stringer fighting for the Cage Contender Lightweight title that was left vacant by champion Norman Parke winning TUF and the return to MMA of UFC veteran Samy Schiavo.

More details will be released over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

“I’m happy to have agreed terms with Paul, and his manager Wad.

It’s been a few weeks in the making, when Wad first suggested it, we had to get a certain amount of ducks in a row before we could make the commitment, but that’s been achieved and a deals been signed.”

“We’re now working with our broadcast partners, to bring Cage Contender 16 to as many people as possible on live television.

We have already secured live in 5 territories, and we will expand that over the next few weeks.”

“Paul Daley, is renowned globally and we’re over the moon to bring such a high level global talent to the Irish fans.”

“It’s what we have tried to do at Cage Contender for awhile now, we have brought names like Dean Lister, Shannon Gugerty, Gunnar Nelson, Ivan Salaverry and others”

This is just the next step in the road for the promotion”

When pressed on an opponent for Daley, Ferguson revealed that his opponent will likely be a fellow UFC veteran but was keeping his cards close to his chest

“We have offered four high level UFC veterans the chance to fight Paul, and were hoping to something more concrete within the next 10 days

We will find someone who is equally as explosive, but we will let you know in due course”

More - http://severemma.com/2012/12/25/paul-semtex-daley-set-to-headline-cage-contender-16-in-dublin-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/story?storyId=8779393
    Looks like he won't be fighting in US for a while. Absolutely huge Semtex fan, haven't seen him fight live since Woodley. Congratulations John. Arguably the biggest non UFC fighter to fight in Ireland? Would of loved to have seen him fight Arni but I'm looking forward to an opponent vein announced.

WELTERWEIGHT
    Paul "Semtex" Daley (Spirit Dojo) -v- TBC

BANTAMWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Prelim Card

LIGHTWEIGHT

MIDDLEWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Ian Cleary (Primal MMA) -v- James Mc Erlean (Young Spartans)

WELTERWEIGHT
    Owen Kinney (Ashcroft Vale Tudo) -v- Aaron O Neill (PMA)

BANTAMWEIGHT

Xlami wrote: »
    http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/story?storyId=8779393
    Looks like he won't be fighting in US for a while. Absolutely huge Semtex fan, haven't seen him fight live since Woodley. Congratulations John. Arguably the biggest non UFC fighter to fight in Ireland? Would of loved to have seen him fight Arni but I'm looking forward to an opponent vein announced.

Response from Paul Daley
    It's seems as those a mass press release has gone out to the MMA media, stating I was involved bar brawl, arrested, and cannot obtain a P-1 visa to compete in the USA.

...I am currently awaiting a decision on my visa, which is not expected until late April. Which means i am unable to compete in the season 8 Bellator tournament, as it starts in Janaury.

I will be fighting in Europe in the coming months, so I am able to stay active while awaiting a decision on my visa status.

I was not involved in a bar brawl. This is 100% a false statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Does this mean Paul wont be fighting for CC ?
    Has received a legal document from Bellator this morning, signed by Bellator CEO, Bjorn Rebney and Legal representatives of the promotion. Despite, Bellator being aware of a legal matter preventing me from obtaining a P-1 visa to compete in the USA, and therefore making it unable for me to fulfill certain terms of my contract, Its seems as though they are attempting to stop me from earning a living while awaiting a decision that is out of my control, and is not expected until Late April 2013.
    This situation has been developing daily, since Oct 2012 with back and forth emails between myself, my management and Bellator representatives (including Bjorn, and Talent relations officer Sam Caplan, to name a few)
    I would like to offer full disclosure to the MMA MEDIA. Feel free to contact me here, on my facebook.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/31/3822840/paul-daley-bellator-visa-complaints-interference

Paul Daley - I will be fighting at Cage Contender
    “I’m really excited about fighting at Cage Contender, I’ve had a lot of support from the Irish MMA fans, doing several seminars in the country. I also receive a lot of messages of support and fan mail from the people of Ireland.....READ FULL STORY

pauldaley.jpg
    Last month, it was announced that Paul 'Semtex' Daley had signed with Cage Contender was was set to main event the February card in Ireland.

Despite reports that Daley has since been removed from this card, 'Semtex' told us he will fight as planned

"Yes i am still fighting on Cage Contender, it seems as though Bellator and my management (working with cage contender) have come to an agreement. I will 100% be fighting February 23rd in Ireland."

"I don't have an opponent yet, I will be fight a European/International big show veteran. I will not be fighting an Irish up and comer."

An opponent is yet to be named, but Paul knows who he wants to fight and has called out Marcus Davis via his personal facebook

"So...my next fight is Feb 23rd in Dublin, Ireland at Cage Contender....my management, and the promoters have a few ideas in mind for opponents....my suggestion is Former UFC fighter Marcus "Irish hand grenade" Davis.....hope he accepts." - Paul Daley

Cage Contender owner John Ferguson revealed to us that he offered Marcus Davis the Daley fight on 16th December but Ferguson wouldn't reveal any more details

UPDATE: From Paul Daley's facebook

"....So after my last status it seems as those Marcus Davis has decided he ain't "Irish" anymore, and it ain't his homeland.....He don't want to come over to Dublin to fight me....He's declined..can't blame him, long way to come for a beating!!!...on that note, I'm off to the gym."

http://severemma.com/2013/01/02/paul-daley-wants-marcus-davis-at-cage-contender-16-in-february/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

That or the fact Marcus retired last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rabni

Any word on the lightweight title match? Maybe give merv mulholland a shot? easily top5 lightweight in ireland

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chris "Menace" Stringer -v- Greg "The Hitman" Loughran

WELTERWEIGHT
    Paul "Semtex" Daley (Spirit Dojo) -v- TBC

Chris "Menace" Stringer (Team Kaobon) -v- Greg "The Hitman" Loughran (Next Gen NI/EFR)

BANTAMWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Prelim Card

LIGHTWEIGHT

MIDDLEWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

234815.jpg

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Mick Brennan (KBA) -v- Alex Muzicuk (Drogheda MMA)

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

LIGHTWEIGHT

Peter "The Showstopper" Queally (SBG) -v- Diego Coloma (Checkmat BJJ)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wouldn't it be a good idea to put Daley's fight in at Heavyweight, then he's sure to make weight........or maybe not ;)

235044.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If i'm off work that night i'll head along to this, but will leave before Daley fights as cannot stand the man, sooooo disrespectful to the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Really. I dont think someones behaviour in or outside sport has ever put me off watching them. Sounds like your biting off your nose dispite your face. I have no idea what you mean about disrespecting the sport, would like to hear some examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Really. I dont think someones behaviour in or outside sport has ever put me off watching them. Sounds like your biting off your nose dispite your face. I have no idea what you mean about disrespecting the sport, would like to hear some examples.

Attacking Koscheck after the bell and repeatedly missing weight are a bit disrespectful.

Still, shame that shot didnt land cleanly on kos.

Attacking Koscheck after the bell and repeatedly missing weight are a bit disrespectful.

jasus just youtubed that, mad stuff. Forgive and forget and all that after time though no need to let bad feelings fester etc. I wouldnt call missing weight disrespect id consider thats letting himself down more than anything.

• Advertisement

Saw someone suggest Jake Hect as an opponent on facebook. Any possiblity of this? Would love to see it.

Is Jesse Taylor exclusive to Cage Warriors?

He was talking about going around collecting belts, mentioned winning a belt in Australia too i think, during his post-fight interview after CW51

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

Agreed but it was very bad sportsmanship. I remember staying up watching it live and couldn't believe it as Daley got up following Koscheck and throwing a swing at him (only a glancing blow unfortunately :rolleyes: :)). As for Daley's fighting ability, sure it's good to see a big name from the Ultimate Fighter series and UFC vet on the card, but he has only got a big left hook, damn all else.

Total 44
    Wins 30
    By knockout 21
    By submission 2
    By decision 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Daley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

BJJ_Expert wrote: »
    Total 44
    Wins 30
    By knockout 21
    By submission 2
    By decision 7

The great thing about that is his submission wins are by taps to strikes.

BJJ_Expert wrote: »
    As for Daley's fighting ability, sure it's good to see a big name from the Ultimate Fighter series and UFC vet on the card, but he has only got a big left hook, damn all else.

Total 44
    Wins 30
    By knockout 21
    By submission 2
    By decision 7

Just because you've seen him fight in the UFC a few times don't think all he has is his left hook. Have you not seen the Masvidal fight where he actually used his wrestling to secure the decision or the Radev fight where he showed incredible Muay Thai with his knees or the Woodley fight where he caught his opponent in a omaplata? Come along on the night and you'll be treated to much more than just a left hook.

• Advertisement

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

BANTAMWEIGHT

Samy "The Dog" Schiavo (BUSHIDO ACADEMIE) -v- Stevie "Taz" McCombe (Devils Fight Club)

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT

BANTAMWEIGHT

Samy "The Dog" Schiavo (BUSHIDO ACADEMIE) -v- Stevie "Taz" McCombe (Devils Fight Club)
    Excellent fighter M'sieur Schiavo, will get the place buzzing.

valleevsdaley1.jpg

Cage Contender announced moments ago that Paul “Semtex” Daley will face Patrick “Dexter” Vallee in the main event of Cage Contender 16 in The National Basketball Arena, Dublin, Ireland.

Vallee is 9-4-1-2, having battled with top fighters like UFC welterweight contender Siyar Bahadurzada, who he fought to a draw in Vallee’s first ever professional bout, and tricky Brazilian Swede UFC and PRIDE veteran David Bielkheden.

Cage Contender owner John Ferguson revealed to us that Cage Contender and Bellator MMA had been working closely together to make this fight happen

“We are happy to welcome Patrick “Dexter” Vallee to Cage Contender, in what is undoubtedly the biggest fight of his career so far.”

“Anyone who was has studied Vallee knows he has great grappling and lethal leg kicks. He has been in there with some pretty tough opponents and we feel he will put on a great show for the Cage Contender fans.”

“Thanks to Bjorn Redney and Sam Caplan from Bellator MMA for their help in making this happen and for authorising the opponent”

More at - http://severemma.com/2013/01/08/paul-semtex-daley-vs-patrick-dexter-vallee-set-for-cage-contender-16/

235468.jpg

Daley -v- Vallee confirmed as CC16 Main event!
    Dangerous European standout Patrick “Dexter” Vallee will face the biggest fight of his career when he steps into the cage with MMA superstar Paul “Semtex” Daley at Dublins National Basketball Arena on February 23rd.

Following an internet campaign where over 70 people called for Vallee (9-4-1-2NC) to be given a shot at Semtex Cage Contender have given them their wish and agreed terms with the popular Frenchman. Vallee who holds an 89% finishing record has been described as a Koscheck / Maia hybrid who has excellent grappling and totally devastating leg kicks. And possibly more importantly he has a chin to match with his only KO loss coming to knock out artist Brandon Thatch who holds an impressive 75% KO rate....... FULL STORY

Great. Just going to book tickets. Is there any admin/booking charge buying through xtravision or online?.
    If you book online will a code be emailed or will you get posted the tickets?.

edit: tickets booked, giddyup!

Any word on Johnathon the " Tallaght ladies man " Dargan's opponent ?

235468.jpg

WELTERWEIGHT
    Paul "Semtex" Daley (Spirit Dojo) -v- Patrick "Dexter" Vallee

Chris "Menace" Stringer (Team Kaobon) -v- Greg "The Hitman" Loughran (Next Gen NI/EFR)

BANTAMWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT

LIGHTWEIGHT

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Mick Brennan (KBA) -v- Alex Muzicuk (Drogheda MMA)

LIGHTWEIGHT
    Peter "The Show Stopper" Queally (SBGi) -v Diego Coloma (Checkmat BJJ)

Prelim Card

LIGHTWEIGHT

MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Konrad Iwanski (Team Ryano) -v- Tharinn Klobeinsson (Mjólnir)

FEATHERWEIGHT

WELTERWEIGHT
    Aaron Skelly (Rush Fight Academy) -v- Thor Palsson (Mjólnir)

WELTERWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

HEAVYWEIGHT
    Cian Bourke (Combat Sports Centre) -v- Peter Nawicki (Impetus Castlebar)

FEATHERWEIGHT
    Philip Lambe (Celtic MMA) -v- Glen O Kelly (SBGi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This is on a few days after my birthday so I think I'll have to get tickets for this.
    I did the same last year at my birthday and got the gf to buy me the tickets and roped her into coming along with me. She actually had a great night so I don't think it'll be too much of a push to get her to come along again this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm all over this like a tramp on chips!

I thought I was gonna miss this as I was supposed to be away every weekend in Feb but I managed to wriggle out of that weekend to hit this show!

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    ........I was supposed to be away every weekend in Feb.........

tumblr_mexpafJ5851rouyxzo1_500.gif

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement