Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boss is coming to town

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gimmick wrote: »
    July 18th 2013 - Bruce Springsteen in Pairc Ui Caoimh!

When last was there a big gig there? Feile 95?

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/eventlist/details/9610.html

Think last gig was Oasis wasn't it?!

Great news for Cork fans of the Boss - my friends went to see him this year in Dublin but I didn't go as I do like him but wouldn't know too much of his stuff - they said it was amazing though so am tempted to go to this now - would be great if a load of friends went together - what a night that would be:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I hope because he's doing Limerick and Cork gigs and they're both stadium gigs the tickets will be cheaper than the usual Boss gigs.

Edit: €90. But I imagine that's cheaper than a usual Springsteen gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I hope because he's doing Limerick and Cork gigs and they're both stadium gigs the tickets will be cheaper than the usual Boss gigs.
    ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

ha ha ha ha ha

Why are you laughing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Why are you laughing?

At a guess, because of the ticket price at the bottom of the link
    Tickets for:

LIMERICK, Thomond Park - 16 July 2013

CORK, Páirc Uí Chaoimh - 18 July 2013

€90 General Admission / €100 Seated

• Advertisement

Why are you laughing?
    apologies, i just laughed at the thought of your common sense being a applied to irish gigs, the most exploited gigs in Europe, where every effort will be made to rip off as many punters as possible.

edit:
    90 quid...jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

apologies, i just laughed at the thought of your common sense being a applied to irish gigs, the most exploited gigs in Europe, where every effort will be made to rip off as many punters as possible.

edit:
    90 quid...jaysus

Expensive compared to other acts that come to these shores but you have obviously never seen the man live. 3 hour + show. well worth it imo

Or you could just sit on the grass outside the stadium and listen:pac:

Expensive compared to other acts that come to these shores but you have obviously never seen the man live. 3 hour + show. well worth it imo
    i have seen him many times...It's not him charging the 90 quid, he has a flat fee and it's up the promoter to maximise profits...
    90 euro to see bruce- fair enough

to bring the family....not a f**ing hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

id have no bothers paying 90 sheets to see bruce but paying that kind of money to see him in a crap hole like Pairc Ui Caoimh is another story!

they would want to put a lick of paint in the place and do something about those shocking seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Will be booking tickets for thomand park. Perfect for the mother in law to babysit and better venue. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

i have seen him many times...It's not him charging the 90 quid, he has a flat fee and it's up the promoter to maximise profits...

The artist sets the price, it is in association with the promoter, but it is the artist who decides.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

evilivor wrote: »

The artist sets the price, it is in association with the promoter, but it is the artist who decides.

Nope. Artist sets fee/haggles with promoter. They're paid that whether 1,000 or 10,000 turn up, and of course they have their merchandise sales on top of that.

The promoter sets the ticket price to cover the cost of the act/artist, venue hire, PA, security, markerting, ticketmaster etc, and after all that is taken care of they want to see a profit. So the promoter sets the ticket price entirely. The act has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

how many for a concert does the place hold. didnt think they would get gigs till after the re development

Roar wrote: »

Nope. Artist sets fee/haggles with promoter. They're paid that whether 1,000 or 10,000 turn up, and of course they have their merchandise sales on top of that.

The promoter sets the ticket price to cover the cost of the act/artist, venue hire, PA, security, markerting, ticketmaster etc, and after all that is taken care of they want to see a profit. So the promoter sets the ticket price entirely. The act has nothing to do with it.

Jim Carroll has been fighting an, apparently, losing battle on this misinformation on his blog and in the Irish Times for a number of teas, particularly after high profile price gouging by Tom Waits and Arcade Fire.

Artist sets price.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Well I know what I want from santa now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Slightly OT, but does anyone know what acts will be in the Marquee next year yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Why are they holding this concert in probably the biggest sh1thole of a venue in the country,as it stands now?.The mind boggles.

It was on radio today that the redevelopment is starting in 2013 and will be finished by 2015.

Could they not wait 2 years and have him the opening concert.

If the GAA are looking for a few bob,look at all the money they lost out on over the last sixteen years since Oasis in 1996.

I taught all along that they couldnt hold concerts there due to health and safety reasons.Nothing has changed since 1996.

Bruce will think he is after arriving in Chernobyl.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Why are they holding this concert in probably the biggest sh1thole of a venue in the country,as it stands now?.The mind boggles.

It was on radio today that the redevelopment is starting in 2013 and will be finished by 2015.

Could they not wait 2 years and have him the opening concert.

If the GAA are looking for a few bob,look at all the money they lost out on over the last sixteen years since Oasis in 1996.

I taught all along that they couldnt hold concerts there due to health and safety reasons.Nothing has changed since 1996.

Bruce will think he is after arriving in Chernobyl.:o

Have not been in there for years, but from what I remember it is a dump and falling apart, getting into the place is a nightmare as well, the turn styles are so small and tight.

I wonder what size the crowd will be?? Surely no more than 15,000??

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Slightly OT, but does anyone know what acts will be in the Marquee next year yet?

A live feed from the Bruce Springsteen concerts, just to milk it a bit more :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ya gotta love the Boss, he builds a career writing songs for the working class man, he seems to have forgotten what it's like for the working man these days while he sets his ticket prices.

I wouldn't go to Páirc Uí Chaoimh to see a u-12 hurling match for fear of over-crowding, never mind the Boss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

ya gotta love the Boss, he builds a career writing songs for the working class man, he seems to have forgotten what it's like for the working man these days while he sets his ticket prices.

I wouldn't go to Páirc Uí Chaoimh to see a u-12 hurling match for fear of over-crowding, never mind the Boss ;)

In fairness it is the concert promoters that set the price. Springsteen charges a flat rate for each show. Aiken promotions are the real culprits here

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great news fingers crossed it dont flood around then though

Looks like I'm going to my first Springsteen concert and in my home city - how bad :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Anyone know if this will be the only gig in Pairc Ui Chaoimh next summer? Would love to see the Stone Roses there

Would love to see the Stone Roses there

Doubt it. Anyway, they were brutal the last time they played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

evilivor wrote: »
    Doubt it. Anyway, they were brutal the last time they played there.

Really? Strange that, its renowned as one of their best ever gigs. Anyways, they weren't brutal last summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many can this venue hold in total?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many can this venue hold in total?

In 88' there was 110,000 at Michael Jackson's 2 concerts.

not sure how true.

• Advertisement

Snaps here from the past concerts in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-nostalgia-open-air-concerts/

Advertisement