Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Liverpool 28.11.12 KO 19:45 (Various Online Streams)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gerrard out.

Downing shot. I almost feel for Downing - I didn't hate him this much when he was on the wing. Stupid, stupid idead by Rodgers. Hasn't worked at ALL and he persists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I hope Rodgers drops the nicey nicey and gives them a real going over at half time. Hair dryer treatment and all that

We have played quite well though and created enough chances to be level

Sterling has been no better.

He's easily been better.

For me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Could not cope with spurs in the first twenty mins came at us like a pack of greyhounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Lucky to have the nil

Careless performance yeah but we could and probably should be level here too

I'd love to see Gerrard taken off at half-time. He's been absolutely dreadful.

Or taken him out of the middle.

I'm seriously questioning Rodgers ability if he persists in playing players in totally wrong positions :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Downing LB. :pac:

8228087016_fdd348f869_o.gif

It's been coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

We can't finish our dinner at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Leiva wrote: »

It's been coming.

Shocking.

If he was a horse you'd put him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's been coming.

Put that **** out to pasture, because hes a ****ing DONKEY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Whatever about Downing our midfield is shyte, making Adam and Spearing look good.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

It's been coming.

Blame the manager playing a player out of position. To many players in the Liverpool team playing positions they aren't used to playing.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Shocking.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Put that **** out to pasture, because hes a ****ing DONKEY!

Rodgers plays him there and basically told him he had no choice or get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Attacking winger is played out of position as a fullback, displays poor defensive instincts in tricky back post scenario. Liverpool fans say the player should be put down. Interesting. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Sterling has been no better.

Agree. Completely non existant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just seen the first goal, initially poor defending over all but Downing could probably have done more. Real lack of awareness. Second goal was poxy deflection. I think we will get the opportunity to score a few, whether we take them or not is another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not important but why aren't Liverpool wearing red strip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Attacking winger is played out of position as a fullback, displays poor defensive instincts in tricky back post scenario. Liverpool fans say the player should be put down. Interesting. :rolleyes:

Oh **** off for the love of god. He was **** at left mid too. Who signed him again!?

Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cwboy wrote: »
    Agree. Completely non existant.

17 year old kid getting played week in, week out (including full International duty) looks jaded coming into December. News at eleven. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Blame the manager playing a player out of position. To many players in the Liverpool team playing positions they aren't used to playing.

I've been hearing and seeing the exact same stuff since Houllier.

Is this just a Liverpool condition? Or do fans of every team berate their manager for playing players out of position? (genuine question)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Downing is obv lost at lb, Henderson is doing his invisible man act yet again..he oly joins in to make the odd pass back to defenders.
    Downing & Henderson shud be off at ht

I'd get Sahin and Suso on and push Gerrard forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Rodgers should not slavishly stick to his preferred formation if we dont have the players to play it yet. When missing Lucas he should have madeus more solid in the middle. We can afford three up front when we are weak in the middle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did Bale's free get a deflection, or did it just curve. My stream isn't great, and was kind of hard to tell.

Great start, but lucky to not have conceded in the last 25 mins there. Need to come out in the 2nd half and grab another to wrap it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Even if he is, losing your man at the back post is a schoolboy error. Shocking stuff.

And the use of a rolleyes automatically devalues any argument you might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Gerrard is more to blame for that first goal than Downing. He attempts a piss poor pass, then 2 half arsed tackles.

spockety wrote: »

Is this just a Liverpool condition? Or do fans of every team berate their manager for playing players out of position? (genuine question)..

You play your best team against your closest rivals which Spurs are when you consider what both clubs ambitions are for the season.

No one can say that's our best side out there this evening.

Not exactly answering your question i know, but if Rodgers continues with this philosophy then he is wide open to this critism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gerrard is fcuking stink. I don't care what anyone says, he doesn't look interested and doesn't want to know. Not tracking back and leaving midfield exposed.

Suso for Gerrard.
    Sahin for Henderson
    Assaidi for Downing and Enrique to left full, even though he's been playing well on the wing.

• Advertisement

Ah here - leave it ow!

There isn't a winger in the world who would avoid criticism for that shocking display of letting your man go unchallenged. Downing at LB should also be criticised.
    17 year old kid getting played week in, week out (including full International duty) looks jaded coming into December. News at eleven.

Keep going...

Make an excuse for every player so it can come back on Rodgers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

I don't get it buy a LB to play LB buy a striker to be a striker not a winger. Play the player in the position he has been trained to play.

It seems to be the new thing to do play a player out of position. You look like a genius if it works. But when it doesn't you look foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Kiith wrote: »
    Did Bale's free get a deflection, or did it just curve. My stream isn't great, and was kind of hard to tell.

Great start, but lucky to not have conceded in the last 25 mins there. Need to come out in the 2nd half and grab another to wrap it up.

did not take a deflection so i dont know what Reina was doing running across the other side of the goal for.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anyone wrote: »
    Gerrard is more to blame for that first goal than Downing. He attempts a piss poor pass, then 2 half arsed tackles.

No, no. It's all Downing's fault. Him or Nuri :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Whats the score, We're winning right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I've said that Downing is an interesting option against weaker sides as LB but I can't understand the decision to go with him away from home against Spurs when you know he's going to be up against Lennon.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gerrard off - Shelvey on.

Aint gonna happen though is it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rarnes1 wrote: »

He'll prob bring on Joe Cole :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sort it out Bren!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Jesus well done Stevie, you don't need to track back or tackle for the rest of the game after them serious 2 balls. That goal wasn't your fault either because you hit 2 nice balls. Enough credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

shíts well and truely hit the fan tonight.

Never used to get anything at the bridge and not we never get anything from WHL, maybe the hoo-doo has crossed london.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

rarnes1 wrote: »

No but Stevie doesnt want to play on the wing even though hes had his best scoring season out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah Enrique is crap at left wing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

kfallon wrote: »

He'll prob bring on Joe Cole :(

Not in squad

Not in squad

Silver linings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can someone pm a link for a stream? Been ages since I streamed a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Shocking.

Defiantly to Boro in January. The shock when he seen the attacking player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

quarryman wrote: »
    Can someone pm a link for a stream? Been ages since I streamed a game.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/155864/2/watch-tottenham-hotspur-vs-liverpool-fc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We have played quite well though and created enough chances to be level
    Sorry but telling them theyve had enough chances to draw level isnt what they need to be told.
    They need to be told to get and and fcuking taking control. They've come close too often with the moral victory.

Bring on Shelvey and Suso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

noodler wrote: »
    Was Gerrard fouled there?

if Dempsey's was a foul, then the challenge on Gerrard had to be too...

• Advertisement
Advertisement