Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Liverpool 28.11.12 KO 19:45 (Various Online Streams)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Liverpool deserved the draw....................
    But then again giving away 2 goals in the first 15 mins is unforgiveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fcuking sh!te. We play terribly we get nothing, we play brilliantly we get nothing. So frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Incredibly frustrating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The first half killed us.

Spurs have some amount of divers on their team but all you'll hear is how great they are.

Gerrard needs to be dropped. Not long term. Just to show him that its a possibilty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Fcuking sh!te. We play terribly we get nothing, we play brilliantly we get nothing. So frustrating

they didn't play brilliantly at all...an average spurs side, we had nothing in midfield, defended poorly and didn't take the few decent chances we created, final ball was terrible, gerrard's only contribution these days is bad corners - these kind of games are champions league six pointers and i'm sorry but we are now level with norwich on points and 4 points above the relegation zone - dire dire results, we'll get the usual spiel from rodgers about "great performance/improving/the boys were superb" but the league table tells a different more truthful story

we may do better in the second half of the season, we can hardly do any worse but games like this mean the chase for CL is all but doomed already, we neither have the character or the ability to win the games that count and come back, even against average teams

that is the harsh truth and so far rodgers has been nothing but average or worse but we can't sack another manager

the fact is that kenny's massive splurge has cost us dearly and no one is showing the will or the capacity to dig us out of the massive hole that kenny put is in, another season in midtable, another season to savour for the poolhaters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The first half killed us.

Spurs have some amount of divers on their team but all you'll hear is how great they are.

Gerrard needs to be dropped. Not long term. Just to show him that its a possibilty.

JK:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Job done.. 3pts! Gallas needs
    To be dropped ASAP. Really need Adebayor back along with Kaboul, Parker and Assou Ekotto. We are a bit of a shambles at the back but it's a makeshift defence with a new keeper.

Liverpool played well though.. If Rodgers is given some money and time to shape his squad then ye will be challenging at the top again in a couple of years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not really. No one likes seeing diving, Spurs fan or not. Bale is an awful diver, and i hate that aspect of his game. But come on, Liverpool aren't exactly innocent when it comes to diving. Nor are any team in the league. It's a horrible part of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Spurs have some amount of divers on their team.

pot and kettle there in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

djPSB wrote: »
    2-0 spurs.

Lennon and DeFoe.

Suarez picks up a yellow.

Hope this prediction jinxs it into a Liverpool win.

Bolix to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

When you are chasing the game surely the f*ck you knock the ball long in the last couple of minutes and hope for something.

So frustrating watching Liverpool this year. Absolutely no plan B.

They did a couple of times, Suarez took a bit of a dive for one of them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

markie29 wrote: »
    after going 2-0 down in 15 minutes liverpool deserved a point at least from that game :( another disappointing result.

and in the last 10 minutes there is no urgency from the players every game we needed a goal they look lethargic and slow with their passing.

You don't go 2-0 down in 15 minutes and deserve anything from the game.

Complete and utter joke.

I'm beginning to doubt Allen's contribution also. Its very easy to have 90% passing average when you never pass the f*cking leather forward.

He makes Neil Lennon look like a marauding attacking midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Cornerfest tonight,that's # 9

like most games sign but we don't get enough goals from them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

donfers wrote: »
    they didn't play brilliantly at all...an average spurs side, we had nothing in midfield, defended poorly and didn't take the few decent chances we created, final ball was terrible, gerrard's only contribution these days is bad corners
    Spurs dropped deep in the second half and let us back into the game. If it had somehow stayed 0-0 at half time, I suspect Spurs would have been all over us in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

hefferboi wrote: »
    What a difference a good corner taker makes.

yup and a reason why Gerrard should be in the box and not taking them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

they didn't play brilliantly at all...an average spurs side, we had nothing in midfield, defended poorly and didn't take the few decent chances we created, final ball was terrible, gerrard's only contribution these days is bad corners - these kind of games are champions league six pointers and i'm sorry but we are now level with norwich on points and 4 points above the relegation zone - dire dire results, we'll get the usual spiel from rodgers about "great performance/improving/the boys were superb" but the league table tells a different more truthful story

we may do better in the second half of the season, we can hardly do any worse but games like this mean the chase for CL is all but doomed already, we neither have the character or the ability to win the games that count and come back, even against average teams

that is the harsh truth and so far rodgers has been nothing but average or worse but we can't sack another manager

the fact is that kenny's massive splurge has cost us dearly and no one is showing the will or the capacity to dig us out of the massive hole that kenny put is in, another season in midtable, another season to savour for the poolhaters

Midfield was atrocious, Allen is starting to look average though in fairness Lucas probably would given his partners. Individual errors are costing us, Downing needs to sent to Coventry or Middlesborough, whoever takes him. Give Robinson a chance, I know Rogers doesn't want to have too many teenagers on the pitch but Downing, just get rid, at all costs.

Wouldn't worry about the pool haters, Roy was worse, that was genuine pity. There are encouraging signs but the manager needs backing and needs to be bold. Forget £20 Million was spent on Downing and nobody will buy him for half that, Gerrard is coming to the end of his days, he needs to be brave. He has shown signs that he can be.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm beginning to doubt Allen's contribution also. Its very easy to have 90% passing average when you never pass the f*cking leather forward.
    He was practically man marked out of the game. Everytime he got the ball, he had Spurs players swarming all around him. Neither Henderson or Gerrard were making themselves available, so his only option was to pass it back.

Like I said earlier, this was a very deliberate tactic by Spurs. They know he is our deep-lying playmaker and that most of our attacks begin with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

[turtyturd] lol :D [/turtyturd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Only seen first 15 minutes, sounds like Spurs fans feel lucky to get the 3 points.
    Must have been a fair turnaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Rodgers on lfctv we were magnificent again tonight ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was. We were in total control at the start, but Liverpool were all over us for the remaining 70+ minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Why did you quote me? Not that it matters, I'm just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Rodgers on LFCTV

" I thought we were absolutely magnificent, Is bitterly disappointed for the players"

"Some of play was outstanding, we were relentless"

"Players are very disappointed"

"Didn't get the rub of the green, 2 clear penalities, one on gerrard, one on suarez"

"Creating lots of opportunities"

"Football club that wants to be at top of the league, performances have been good"

"Move onto Saturday and we must get 3 points"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Said on OP that the game will be won/lost in Midfield. The sad fact is liverpools midfield didn't turn up. Still no game time for Sahin. That's 3 games on the spin that he's getting splinters in his arse stuck on the bench. Not good :(

skydish79 wrote: »
    Rodgers on LFCTV

" I thought we were absolutely magnificent, Is bitterly disappointed for the players"

"Didn't get the rub of the green, 2 clear penalities, one on gerrard, one on suarez"

"Football club that wants to be at top of the league, performances have been good"

Those comments are very disappointing. The only reason we even scored was down to a pure fluke in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Said on OP that the game will be won/lost in Midfield. The sad fact is liverpools midfield didn't turn up. Still no game time for Sahin. That's 3 games on the spin that he's getting splinters in his arse stuck on the bench. Not good :(

You're banned from doing match threads :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rodgers on LFCTV

"Magnificent", "outstanding", "relentless", wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Rodgers on LFCTV

This part is true...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    "Magnificent", "outstanding", "relentless", wtf?

You took the words out of my mouth.

I couldn't cut and paste quick enough

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

He's not going to come out and cut the players.

• Advertisement

He's not going to come out and cut the players.

Just stay quiet then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Leiva wrote: »
    Just stay quiet then.

C'mon, he has to say something at in interview.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

magnificent outstanding relentless liverpool stand level on points with norwich in the table and if sunderland win their game in hand, they'll join them on points too

jaysus, god help us when we start to play badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Leiva wrote: »
    Just stay quiet then.

He's being interviewed.

murpho999 wrote: »
    C'mon, he has to say something at in interview.

I wouldn't read to much into it.
    He's being interviewed.

Fair enough but FFS he shouldnt be using the exaggerated words he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I feel a bit for Rodgers, he was ****ed over by the owners in the summer and we are now taking it on him, it was so obvious where we are short in players so I do feel for him a bit.

Cant even watch Liverpool anymore, just a ****ing joke. Also we need someone who can score from corners, how many have we scored this season?

we may aswell just boot the ball back to reina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

im as frustrated as the rest of the reds fans believe me, we should have gotten at least one peno, a cert, the suarez one.. hendo bottled the open goal... and we were better then a superior (supposedly) spurs team for 70mins on their own patch..

its fckin annoying we seem to get no luck and have no finishers bar louis... but its not rodgers fault yet... the good signs are there,it will take a couple of years of nights like this and utter frustration to get back in top four..

give the man a break ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was the foul on Suarez a penalty? Have to say when I saw the replay that I thought Gallas got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rodgers must be really starting to feel the pressure now.

Coincidentally Michu is a player that would really help out Liverpool going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Morzadec wrote: »
    Was the foul on Suarez a penalty? Have to say when I saw the replay that I thought Gallas got the ball.

It was never a penalty in my view and smacks of desperation to even mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

jaykay74 wrote: »
    It was never a penalty in my view and smacks of desperation to even mention it.
    Smacks of desperation to mention it? That's a ridiculous statement!

It was a penalty claim - and a close shout from what I saw, at a time in the game when it could have made a tremendous difference to the outcome but yeah....let's not even mention it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

D'Agger wrote: »
    Smacks of desperation to mention it? That's a ridiculous statement!

It was a penalty claim - and a close shout from what I saw, at a time in the game when it could have made a tremendous difference to the outcome but yeah....let's not even mention it

I can guarantee you if that happened outside the box it would have been a free kick and possibly a yellow card .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I can guarantee you if that happened outside the box it would have been a free kick and possibly a yellow card .
    I haven't seen the highlights - will look at them this evening but saw the incident in full flow and thought it was a pen tbh

Gallas had his eyes on the ball, checks where Suarez is and seemed to stick a leg in, looked like there was contact but would need a replay to see if he actually got the ball or not.

Advertisement