Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Yellow Dog Project

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Fantastic idea.. simple but could be very effective if properly put out there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Inspried by the idea of putting a green (for young) or red (for temperamental) ribbon on horses' tails at horsey gatherings, I assume.
    It is a super idea, but needs a serious amount of getting the message out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Think I came across this before on another forum.

Would take a lot of hard graft to get the message out there. I mean people here still consider a dog dangerous/vicious because it has a muzzle, rather than being knowledgable of the law regarding restricted breeds.

We've a long way to go here, but a good idea if it gets the right people behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I saw that floating around of facebook a while back. Hopefully it's a trend that will take off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I agree it's a great idea, but needs a lot of publicity to get off the ground. It would be good if someone like Pete Wedderburn got involved with it as he gets a lot of media exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

mosi wrote: »
    I agree it's a great idea, but needs a lot of publicity to get off the ground. It would be good if someone like Pete Wedderburn got involved with it as he gets a lot of media exposure.

Im pretty sure he posted it on his Facebook page a couple of months back! If animal a and e was on telly again that would be a great format for getting the message out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Im pretty sure he posted it on his Facebook page a couple of months back! If animal a and e was on telly again that would be a great format for getting the message out there!

I must have missed that. I wonder if he ever mentioned it on his TV3 or Newstalk spots?Animal A and E would be a good one.
    As the owner of a reactive terrier, I get so sick of people just letting their dogs run up to him...it's like a bit setback everytime he is doing well. some of them even laugh when he goes into one :eek: I wonder if, without people being aware of this initiative, how many would be coming over with their dogs to ask what the yellow ribbon is all about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

mosi wrote: »
    I must have missed that. I wonder if he ever mentioned it on his TV3 or Newstalk spots?Animal A and E would be a good one.
    As the owner of a reactive terrier, I get so sick of people just letting their dogs run up to him...it's like a bit setback everytime he is doing well. some of them even laugh when he goes into one :eek: I wonder if, without people being aware of this initiative, how many would be coming over with their dogs to ask what the yellow ribbon is all about :rolleyes:

Yes its a brilliant idea.......maybe if it got onto the radio.....dont know how that could be managed though. Im like you mosi, I have a reactive collie and really wish people would keep their dogs under better control sometimes.........Theres one slight flaw though: lone roaming dogs wouldnt take heed!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I really like this idea.

I don't know what other people think on here, but I really hate it when I am walking my dog and random strangers come over and pet her. My dog is very nervous, and she bites when she is scared. Mothers with young children are the worst culprits for this. When they come over to me smiling, about to pet my dog and say "does she bite?" in kind of a sarcastic way, I just say, yeah she does. Please don't touch her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I really like this idea.

I don't know what other people think on here, but I really hate it when I am walking my dog and random strangers come over and pet her. My dog is very nervous, and she bites when she is scared. Mothers with young children are the worst culprits for this. When they come over to me smiling, about to pet my dog and say "does she bite?" in kind of a sarcastic way, I just say, yeah she does. Please don't touch her.

I know exactly what you mean, especially mothers/fathers who just allow their toddler/child to literally charge your dog and before you know it they are on top of said dog patting on top of dogs head (which a lot of dogs dont like) Although I dont think my collie would bite - because she can be nervous I dont 100% trust her in a situation like this. Then it would, or course, be owner of dogs fault if dog snapped :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement