Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Statement Date

Options
  • 28-11-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I am looking to clarify the following in relation to my credit card.

Does BOI have a specific statement closing date for each month for example if my statement date is the 2nd of the month ( I think that the statement date is always the 2nd), all payments from 2nd October to 1st November goes on bill to be paid in November. All charges after the 2nd would go onto the next bill due?

So this would be the same no matter how many days in month etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi libra02,

Thanks for your post.

If your statement from Credit Card Services is posted out and there is a transaction that a retailer has not fully processed, this transaction would go on your next bill.

If you need to check a particular transaction on your card, you can call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251/00 353 56 7757747 and a representative will be happy to offer assistance.

I hope this helps.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Thanks for the reply Billy.

There is no particular transaction I want to check but in order to keep each months credit card repayments managable I try at end of month to make the purchase so it hits the next months credit card bill.

So that is why I was checking if there was a certain date all retailers have to send in transactions by in order for it to make the next credit card bill due.

Hi libra02,

As customers would receive their bill at different times, there is no particular date that a retailer would need to have a transaction processed by.

It is possible to change the date that your statement is sent however Credit Card Services would need one months notice to amend the statement date.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

How long after the statement date does the bill need to be paid to avoid all interest charges? Does the Direct Debit go on the same date? I have my credit card set up to pay 100% by Direct Debit and I rarely use it, so I'm just curious about this side of it! I've never paid it by DD, I normally transfer the money over.

Hi Paddy001,

Thanks for your post.

You have 25 days from the statement date, to avoid interest charges. The Direct Debit goes on the same date.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement