Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameboy

• 28-11-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I came across my old Gameboy that I got for Christmas in the early '90's and was just wondering how much they would have cost back then.

Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Think it was 89pounds on release iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

Cheers.
    I was interested to know compared to todays prices.
    I got great use out of it as a child anyway, its looking fairly beat up now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got mine on it's release, and a lot of fun was squeezed out of that little monochrome wonder!
    Tetris, Super Mario Land and Nemesis (Gradius) were all games I had the first time around.
    I now own pretty much the whole range of Gameboy devices released and while I still love the big grey block with the yellow/green tinted screen, it doesn't compare to the pure class of the Gameboy Pocket, a fantastic console, great screen and lighter by far, and all from two AAA batteries, rather than the four AA's the Gameboy rocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

About £150 in todays money
    £89.00 in 1990 is equivalent to £148.58 in 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mine was a hand me down and it's still floating about the home house somewhere and getting use with Tetris.
    Been trying to get Dynablaster for ages as that was one of my favourite games to rent for 20p.
    Funnily enough I found the paperwork that came with the box a while back, even the aero board no box though. Thought that to be strange.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got mine for 100 dollars in the US around release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Got mine for Xmas after the release. I remember holding off for the"guy who knew somebody who get gameboys for £15"
    Second game was gremlins for my bday on the 29th dec, what a melter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was 18 when it was released, I recall getting lot of strange looks when I played it in company, like they thought it was a toy or something.... Philistines!
    Showing them Super Mario Land only compounded the problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got mine off Santy, can't remember if it was Christmas 89' or 90'.

Tetris, Marioland Super RC ProAm bloody love the Gameboy:)

Advertisement