If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Headphones

Options
  • 28-11-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello,

A friend of mine is getting some headphones soon and asked my opinion.
    Not sure of his budget but he wants decent enough ones. Said I'd ask here to see what you have around the €50 upward mark, or any to clear?
    He heard my grados a year or two ago and liked them. Any to recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Can I piggyback this thread? I'm looking for something similar, have a budget of around 50-70 Euro - what can you recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hello,

A friend of mine is getting some headphones soon and asked my opinion.
    Not sure of his budget but he wants decent enough ones. Said I'd ask here to see what you have around the €50 upward mark, or any to clear?
    He heard my grados a year or two ago and liked them. Any to recommend?

Thanks.

Guys apologies for the delay getting back to you both..

It's pretty hard to beat the AKG K450 now at just £41 theya re amazing value and just slightly over budget!

Have a look at the review here priced at £100... http://www.whathifi.com/review/k450

If you need full ear cans then have a look at the K511's, which are just £34.95 - have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/akg/k511/akg-k511

Again apologies for the delay and drop us a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Sorry for hijacking the thread:)
    Are those http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/sony/mdrpq2g/sony-mdrpq2g good enough to start with for a kid?
    How much would it be to post them to Sligo?
    Or do you have something good in this price but looking nice(again, not for me, for kid;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi John , id like to Buy a set of the AKG 450s , Can you give me price delivered to Meath ..Thanks John

Hi , ordered them this morning .. Thanks ... John

• Advertisement

Spinone wrote: »
    Hi , ordered them this morning .. Thanks ... John

Thanks a million Spin - the Biz is much appreciated..

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

loki7777 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread:)
    Are those http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/sony/mdrpq2g/sony-mdrpq2g good enough to start with for a kid?
    How much would it be to post them to Sligo?
    Or do you have something good in this price but looking nice(again, not for me, for kid;)

Loki,

apologies for the late response - we are currently out of stock of those Sony headhones but we do have the Sennheiser HD218 which are great headphones, tough as heck and the sound is excellent!

showimage.php?image=306340.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/sennheiser/hd218/senn-hd218

Available from stock and postage would be £4.99,

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

J

I know they are fine but looking for something in "nice" colors:)

I know they are fine but looking for something in "nice" colors:)

Ah, ok - I get ya..

How about something less sedate!

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/-/-sho8802_10/prd/en/consumer
    SHO8802_28-IMS-global?wid=225&hei=225&$jpglarge$
    These are the Philips O Neill SHO8802

or these:
    SHO8803_28-IMS-global?wid=225&hei=225&$jpglarge$
    ..The SHO8803

Super quality and we are discounting them heavily to just £29.95 - and I'll do free shipping on these..

or..

G1bgS5R-3k5DV6RI40s-

If you want a headphone designed specifically for kids this one has an assured safe volume levels for your kids headphones by setting the maximum volume level with the lockable volume control box.
    ( I think we have them in Pink or blue)

£14.95 - with £4.99 shipping
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/shk1031_00/shk1031_00_pss_aen.pdf

Or else we do have the beats solo - but they in a different price range:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/beats-by-dr-dre/solo/beats-solo-blk

Thanks again and give me a shout if you need any further info..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Do you have also account in euro or only in sterlings?
    How much for the Philips O Neill SHO8802 in euro:)

• Advertisement

Hey John , was charged 12.99 shipping today for the AKG 450s .. Thought that was a bit harsh .. considering i got the Q acoustics sub shipped for the same price !!

Spinone wrote: »
    Hey John , was charged 12.99 shipping today for the AKG 450s .. Thought that was a bit harsh .. considering i got the Q acoustics sub shipped for the same price !!

Agreed!

They on on the system with the wrong shipping category and we have not charged you - I'll make sure that you are just charged the £4.99 charge - I hope that's okay?

Thanks again for the info and give me a shout if we can assist in any way,

John mc

John what about my question?:)
    And do you have Denon AH-D1100 as well?

Do you have also account in euro or only in sterlings?
    How much for the Philips O Neill SHO8802 in euro:)

We are happy to do Euro at €37.99..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John what about my question?:)
    And do you have Denon AH-D1100 as well?

Not one we stock unfortunately..

Keep me posted,

J

OK. How can I pay?:) And will it be in euro or converted to pounds?

OK. How can I pay?:) And will it be in euro or converted to pounds?

You can pay by credit card if you are shopping online or via the phone - we can charge you either in sterling and your bank will fix the euro conversion rate - or we can charge you in euro and you will know exactly what the euro charge will be - cmopletely your preference.

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Can I pm you my card details? And i would like to be charged in euro without any conversion to sterlings.

Can I pm you my card details? And i would like to be charged in euro without any conversion to sterlings.

Loki,

for security reasons we recommend that you never mail your CC details - if you just PM us your contact numbers I'll ask one of the guys to give yuo a shout to arrange delivery,

Thanks again,

J

Done.

• Advertisement

Thanks John .. excellent ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hi Lads,

looking at getting some headphenes for the new year. Can you let me know if you stock or can aquire the following models and the pirce for each. Thanks

AKG K550
    SoundMAGIC HP100

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

looking at getting some headphenes for the new year. Can you let me know if you stock or can aquire the following models and the pirce for each. Thanks

AKG K550
    SoundMAGIC HP100

AKG K550 - available from stock at £139.95
    SoundMAGIC HP100 Not one we currently stock - we just stock the SoundMagic E10
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/headphones/soundmagic/e10/soun-e10-blk-sil

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.