Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband & House Alarm Question

• 28-11-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I've an eircom landline and a house alarm with a digi-dialer - it calls my mobile if the alarm goes off.

I've heard a while back that I can't get broadband into the house with that set-up.

Can anyone tell me if this is still an issue, or if there is a way to get broadband via eircom and still have the digi-dialer Alarm set-up working?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know loads of people with broadband and diallers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I know loads of people with broadband and diallers.

Colm,
    Thanks for the reply - appreciated - does anyone have specific guidance on this question - I was told a long time ago that there was an issue where a digi-dialer would not work when broadband was installed.
    Looking to see if there are any issues today, and if it's safe to get broadband. Eircom were not helpful - all they'd say was that they'd send out the modem and it'd be up to me or my installer to do the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Contact your alarm company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

Speak to the alarm installer. Depending on how old the dialler is you may need a filter installed between the dialler and the phone line.

However you could just get the broadband and see if it still works.

The main issue is when people go for broadband not using the phone line. Most of these use wireless and during a power cut they do not work, so during a power cut your alarm could not dial out.

If you get problems any alarm installer can add a "DSL filter" to the dialler to stop any problems. This could be added during routine visit to check the alarm if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

lanod2407 wrote: »
    I've an eircom landline and a house alarm with a digi-dialer - it calls my mobile if the alarm goes off.

I've heard a while back that I can't get broadband into the house with that set-up.

Can anyone tell me if this is still an issue, or if there is a way to get broadband via eircom and still have the digi-dialer Alarm set-up working?

Thanks.

Google alarm panel dsl filter. The z-blocker one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

riggsfitz wrote: »
    Google alarm panel dsl filter. The z-blocker one.
    I've got one going free here if anyone wants it.

Advertisement