Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexible accommodation Dublin

Options
  • 28-11-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I'm considering moving to Dublin from Cork for a job in January and I'm wondering if anyone could help with reasonable short term accommodation, four nights a week.
    I am looking for a 'permanent' place but not the full hotel or B&B rates. I would not require food or do not need to store anything on the premises when I'm not there.
    I was wondering is anybody aware of hotels, B&Bs ideally (or houses) that will do these flexible arrangements or where I would get more info/details on what may be available.

I'm in my late 40s and not so keen on house sharing at this point in my life but the full cost of a hotel would be too much every week. Ideally I'd like to pay a B&B an agreed amount per month.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

It all depends on where your going to be working in the city, although Dublin is a small county it is a big city and can be hard to get around so ideally you want to live somewhere near to where your working.

your best bet is to google b&bs in that area...use the dubin postcode for that and then what comes up, you ring and speak to the owner/manager and see if you can come to some financial arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Abigail66

Thanks EdelC I will try that. Its in Merrion Square so very central

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Abigail66 wrote: »
    Hi I'm considering moving to Dublin from Cork for a job in January and I'm wondering if anyone could help with reasonable short term accommodation, four nights a week.
    I am looking for a 'permanent' place but not the full hotel or B&B rates. I would not require food or do not need to store anything on the premises when I'm not there.
    I was wondering is anybody aware of hotels, B&Bs ideally (or houses) that will do these flexible arrangements or where I would get more info/details on what may be available.
    I'm in my late 40s and not so keen on house sharing at this point in my life but the full cost of a hotel would be too much every week. Ideally I'd like to pay a B&B an agreed amount per month.
    Thanks

There are a number of hotels around that would be glad to give a room during the week that would otherwise be empty. Why not check out some along Harcourt St/Camden St and say what you want. I would not imagine that thye would allow you store anythign there because obviously the room would be needed at weekends. If you can inform them that this would be an ongoing arrangement I'm sure that you might be successful. Try the Hrcourt Hotel, Camden Court etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Abigail66

thanks so much for these suggestions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A former colleague of mine did the same as you for about 6 months. Agreed a deal with a hotel for a set rate per night per room and they agreed. Think it was close to €40 per night and that included breakfast.

He was staying 3 nights a week and the hotel was more than happy to accommodate. He usually booked 2-3 weeks in advance and said it worked out very well as the hotel has a small gym which he was able to use in the evening.

From talking to him it worked out very well due to not having to worry about deposits, paying bills etc as he would have had if he was renting a place or sharing a place with others. If you're interested, let me know and I'll ask him the name of the hotel he was dealing with. I think it was over near Parnell St but not 100% sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement