Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Fulham K.O 19:45 FA Premier League

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cech to the rescue as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is he not going to make any more changes?
    Not many to make is there? Bring on Moses I suppose. Getting nervous, but I believe in Torres!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

solarith wrote: »
    Not many to make is there? Bring on Moses I suppose. Getting nervous, but I believe in Torres!

Jaysis you have some faith:eek:

F*&K! Torres had keeper beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I can smell 0-0 ...

Benitez will be happy with the 2nd clean sheet...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is he not going to make any more changes?

Do you mean Roman? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

You believe in Torres? How can you come out with a statement like that and actually be serious!!?

Who's this???? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why wait till 82 minutes:confused:

You believe in Torres? How can you come out with a statement like that and actually be serious!!?

That's up there with Santa and the Easter Bunny

Who's this???? :rolleyes:

My God the lesser spotted Marin

Oscar hasn't done a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

I actually have more belief in Santa than Torres at the moment ffs!

• Advertisement

This is like FIFA when it just wont let you score...

Chelsea wont even finish in the top six this season, and thats the sad fact of it here....

We could be playing for weeks and not score at this rate. Torres has not scored in over 10 hours:eek:

the_monkey wrote: »
    Chelsea wont even finish in the top six this season, and thats the sad fact of it here....

And won't win champions league to save things

I'm gonna eat my laptop

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lads this is very worrying,wheres Piazon?fcuk even promote some of the youngsters at this stage
    Rafa underestimated Fulham and is paying the price here.

Booing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

:D

Lads this is very worrying,wheres Piazon?fcuk even promote some of the youngsters at this stage

January can't come quick enough, we are turgid up front.

CSF wrote: »
    Rafa underestimated Fulham and is paying the price here.

In what way did he underestimate fulham, ridiculous statement. As pathetic as it is thats pretty much the best team avaliable to him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mata was the only player that tried to do something.

Torres was turgid but unlucky with the volley, Hazard has regressed badly:mad:

Said it a few days ago got derided we should give Islam at least a spot on the bench. He cannot do worse than Nando Einstein was sooooo right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

You really have to laugh though.
    We've spent 80 million on creative attacking players to provide goals for Torres.
    Add 50 million for Torres and that means we could have bought Cavani AND Falco and still had change

Plus weve gone from exciting but sometimes losing football, but scoring goals to boring 0-0's

Only at Chelsea!

• Advertisement

You really have to laugh though.
    We've spent 80 million on creative attacking players to provide goals for Torres.
    Add 50 million for Torres and that means we could have bought Cavani AND Falco and still had change

Plus weve gone from exciting but sometimes losing football, but scoring goals to boring 0-0's

Only at Chelsea!

Dont forget we have now Benitez as the manager :rolleyes:

you just couldn't write this ...

comedy gold

smuckers wrote: »
    Mata was the only player that tried to do something.

Torres was turgid but unlucky with the volley, Hazard has regressed badly:mad:

Anyone who knows anything about football could see Haz has not had a decent game for ages. But our interim manager leaves our most consistent performer on the bench. We are playing for fourth the best we can hope for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Dreary performance but I do pity the players because it is tough to score against a well organised Fulham side who are content to sit back and counter attack but it's the stuff top teams must do, however top teams rarely play without a striker and that is the case with us right now.

Remember all those times Drogba tore Senderos apart? He looked like bloody Nesta reborn out there against Torres tonight. Tight games, tough games you need your striker to produce a bit of magic and Torres seems entirely incapable of that. I wasn't sold on getting a strike in January, overpriced and, probably, ineligible for the Champions League but the last few weeks have changed my opinion completely, a striker is desperately needed as soon as possible.

Dreary performance but I do pity the players because it is tough to score against a well organised Fulham side who are content to sit back and counter attack but it's the stuff top teams must do, however top teams rarely play without a striker and that is the case with us right now.

Remember all those times Drogba tore Senderos apart? He looked like bloody Nesta reborn out there against Torres tonight. Tight games, tough games you need your striker to produce a bit of magic and Torres seems entirely incapable of that. I wasn't sold on getting a strike in January, overpriced and, probably, ineligible for the Champions League but the last few weeks have changed my opinion completely, a striker is desperately needed as soon as possible.

I wouldn't be top concerned with eligibility for the champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I wouldn't be top concerned with eligibility for the champions league

Me neither which is one of the reasons I've changed my mind.

Me neither which is one of the reasons I've changed my mind.

Ah I see fair point Jesus the rest of this season is going to be depressing I fear.

Ah I see fair point Jesus the rest of this season is going to be depressing I fear.

Season only starts in jan when we have a full squad that includes strikers.

Need a solid central midfielder big time too. We don't have any imposing players that dominate games. Ramires isn't in same league as the class of player we need there. We were constantly trying to go through batallians of players in the middle, that just isn't going to work.

As was said above, Hazard has gone back big time. Oscar was out of it in 2nd half. Marin looked sharp when he came on, would like to see him start the next day. Nothing wrong with dropping Hazard next day, might wake him up. Torres was more lively than previous, but that's all can be said there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea, as a team and squad has gone backwards.
    We miss Terry - his drive and leadership and even Lamps.
    We have no players like them.
    For all the money we have spent, we are a squad thats overloaded in some positions and woefully bare in others
    We have no shape, no formation and no ideas

All because I think, we keep firing managers, who would bring a long term vision to the club and plan accordingly

We are as far away as we have ever been, and still the ghost of Mourinho hangs over us.
    He was a manager with a plan and got the personal to suit that plan

Forget Pepe, go get Mourinho, Roman!

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »

Season only starts in jan when we have a full squad that includes strikers.

I admire your optimism and I would love to share it.

As Sarge says its not Rose tinted glasses but we need Jose in a huge way.

Advertisement