Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall: Unholy Wars - Now on Steam Greenlight

• 28-11-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Aventurine have put the game on Greenlight, it seems.
    http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3408

They've also released the next video, showcasing the Brawler skills within the Skirmisher role:
    In today’s video, narrated by Darkfall Unholy Wars writer, Al Stellakis, we present the Brawler School of the Skirmisher Role. As you can also see in the video, the Brawlers’ competitive advantage is his maneuverability and endurance. They quickly move in and out of combat, dodge attacks and take advantage of their surroundings better than any other role can.

What is not apparent in the video is the high mana and stamina consumption, along with the serious cooldowns, but as with every other school there are compromises to be made.

The Brawler skills are the following:

Efficiency: This skill reduces stamina consumption of other skills. Since this school is heavily dependent on Stamina, the Efficiency skill is crucial so that the Brawler can keep going.
    Dash: This gives a bonus to the sprint speed and allows the Brawler to escape in a rush, or move in for the kill.
    Leap: Leap is a double-jump skill so that the Brawler can reach areas or jump over obstacles or area-of-effect attacks. Leap can be used in conjunction with Dash to cover even larger distances.
    Evade: allows the Brawler to leap and roll in the direction he’s moving in either to dodge incoming attacks, to put distance between himself and their opponents, or close the distance to their target.
    Heightened Reflexes: is the Ultimate skill of the School. When active, the Brawler gains a sprint speed bonus as well as an attack speed bonus to both ranged and melee attacks.
    Thank you for watching and stay tuned for our next video.

Please Watch in HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seems this has now been pushed back further, going into an open beta stage for a few weeks while final issues are being sorted out with them also hoping it will be ready for a steam release for launch also!

Kind of glad as it will give me some time to practice my pvp skills and get to grips with the game as I'm sure i'll be all over the place at first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Downloading the client at the moment! The game is half price for anyone who has previously owned Darkfall, which is the price of a sub and should hopefully be playing tomorrow when the test phase goes live!

Anyone else playing it this time? They still haven't released much info but the changes sound good so far! They are making it slightly more accessible and the new "roles" look like a good system. The one thing that stopped me playing initially was the fact to be anyway competitive you had to macro to increase your skills which hopefully won't be needed this time around!

If there's anyone planning on playing and could suggest a good clan to apply for i'd appreciate the tip. I'd love to join a decent clan that gets involved in the world politics this time and really give the game a proper go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone get this? Went live yesterday apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Ya we have a few Irish playing, pretty smooth launch. Just a few performance issues that need to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Are there fewer exploits and cheats than Darkfall had?

Advertisement