Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about amway ?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

is there any Amway Business Owners that can give info on the business ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

I got contact details for uk and Ireland by doing a Google search. They have a few products that I love, so after website form enquiry they contacted me, took my order and I got the product delivered by courier in a day or two. Excellent service. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 donalgeraghty

thanks for your reply. thats good to no. thinking of getting into the business, any one here an ABO ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Donal, it's a tough one. Amway's the daddy of direct sales companies, and turns over a billion dollars a month worldwide. But it's one of those programmes that has pretty much run its course here in Ireland. I'm aware of 4 different generations of people who have been involved, and its reputation has not been good in the past due to some dodgy practices by leading IBOs (independent Business Owners), even leading to a ban on recruiting in the UK in 2007. This lead to a massive number of resignations by top IBOs. The company is basically in rebuilding mode in the UK and Ireland.

While I believe they've cleaned up their act, there's a lot of bad feeling about the company, and it's very difficult to make any serious money with them. It's almost 20 years since I've seen the compensation plan, but if it hasn't changed since then, there's very little profit for retail sales, and even profit on the sales of new team members is generally minuscule at best.

My advice is to do some research and find a direct sales company you can make some money with.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

bannersbrokers:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 donalgeraghty

thanks dubtony for the info.

has anyone ever heard of momentis ?

more info on momentis.ie

there another direct selling company. if what there selling works, they should clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

thanks dubtony for the info.

has anyone ever heard of momentis ?

more info on momentis.ie

there another direct selling company. if what there selling works, they should clean up.

Can't reply to your PM. Seems you're not accepting them ... or something.

Can't tell you anything about Momentis other than its compensation plan is similar to that of Excel. Most of the income in Excel came from recruiting as customers fell off as quickly as they joined due to atrocious billing and service problems. At least that was the case here in Europe.
    Andy McWilliams was one of the top reps with them so he will have seen the issues and hopefully addressed them with Momentis.

Advertisement