Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder

Options
  • 28-11-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a LG Dvd/Hdd Recorder RH7800H. When I play Dvd's of any kind they will play but they stop and then play again. This continues until I can play the Dvd without it stopping. I am inclined to think that the laser on the Dvd Drive is not working properly and am looking at replacing it.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could track down that part and if it is specific to the Dvd Recorder that I have. It is something I would be able to replace it and just need direction on where to find the part. I am still to have a look at the Dvd Drive Serial No which will probably make my search easier.

I would appreciate any response.

Regards

Colm Towey

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

To be honest I'd say it would be nearly cheaper/less hassle to throw the whole lot into the bin and buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭colmtowey

Thanks for the reply. Apart from the problem with it stopping it is too good of a DVD recorder to get rid of. Cost over 400 euro at the time. Has an hard drive in it for storage. It is something that is easily to replace. The only problem is finding the part and at a cheap cost

Regards

Colm

Advertisement