Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Quo

• 28-11-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen it?

Saw it at the weekend, very enjoyable watch. Really great up to 1985, only so so afterwards (felt they spent too much time on the areas outside the music such as Coronation Street, world record attempts, Quo plays your local pub etc). Brought back to me what a great band they were in their heyday and they covered the whole 3 chords very well.
    No contribution though from Pete Kircher (is he still alive?). Great to see the crazy 4 back playing together at the end. Alan Lancaster looks a bit shook, doesn't look very well, hope he's Ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Roanmore wrote: »
    Anybody seen it?

Saw it at the weekend, very enjoyable watch. Really great up to 1985, only so so afterwards (felt they spent too much time on the areas outside the music such as Coronation Street, world record attempts, Quo plays your local pub etc). Brought back to me what a great band they were in their heyday and they covered the whole 3 chords very well.
    No contribution though from Pete Kircher (is he still alive?). Great to see the crazy 4 back playing together at the end. Alan Lancaster looks a bit shook, doesn't look very well, hope he's Ok.

Didn't see it.:(

They were a good band in their time. Anything after '85 is pretty irrelevant in my book.
    John Coughlan's departure in '81 was the beginning of the end really.

Heard that the original 4 will play a few tour dates in the coming months.

Pictures of Matchstick Men is a class tune, the rest of their psychedelic wasn't great...except for maybe 'Ice in the Sun'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Pictures of Matchstick Men is a class tune, the rest of their psychedelic wasn't great...except for maybe 'Ice in the Sun'.

I like that album. I couldn't care less about the rest of their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Roanmore wrote: »
    Coronation Street, world record attempts, Quo plays your local pub etc).
    I think this association makes lots of people not take them seriously, or have made their mind up not to like them.

I love this song,

some might know the tune but not realise it was quo. I remember playing it to 2 friends on different occasions and made sure not to mention it was quo since I reckoned they would have their mind made up -and not admit liking it (les battersby's favourite band -f**k off).

Both of them loved the song, one thought it was a recent release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Living on an island & Rock & Roll are another couple of great tracks.

Awful pity that John Coughlan & Alan Lancaster left the band in the early '80s.

When I heard 'In the Army now' my heart sank.

I knew this was a band on the slide & in the 25 years since, they never improved.

So glad they've got the original lineup back, albiet briefely.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

There's some stuff on YouTube of the old line up reunited.

I liked the early 70's albums but it went downhill after that for me.

Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9tqKCWrqvY

Some other videos on that site also, of that session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Lemon_Drop wrote: »
    There's some stuff on YouTube of the old line up reunited.

I liked the early 70's albums but it went downhill after that for me.

Youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9tqKCWrqvY

Some other videos on that site also, of that session.

Class!!!

Having said that, Alan does look very shook.. :(

Advertisement