Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Bars Dublin City

Options
  • 28-11-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good late bar tomorrow night. The plan is to start in a quiet bar, the Library bar, followed up Dara O' Briain potentially followed by a trip to another bar in the City Centre.

I'm looking for somewhere decent and would appreciate some help. Ideally, would like it to be busy but not packed.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good late bar tomorrow night. The plan is to start in a quiet bar, the Library bar, followed up Dara O' Briain potentially followed by a trip to another bar in the City Centre.

I'm looking for somewhere decent and would appreciate some help. Ideally, would like it to be busy but not packed.

Cheers,

I guess it depends on what sort of bar?
    few ideas:

Trendy/dance places: sin, morgan, turks head, trinity all in temple bar. Dakota, isakaya, dragon, lost society, exchequer, capitol around grafton st. Similarly a bit more upmarket- secret bar, fade street social, clarendon, no.37, cafe en seine, samsara, tiger, odeon.

Indie type places: garage, bison, workmans club in temple bar. Hogans, globe, international, grogans round grafton st.
    Also u bar which is in christchurch would be a good bet.

Id also look at north quays if you want nice but not too busy. Koh in the italian quarter is a lovely bar. As are carr & oconnell and the lotts bar. Lafayette too next to q bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

liffeylite wrote: »
    u bar which is in christchurch would be a good bet.

That's gone, been revamped and renamed.

Has it?

What type of place is it now then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They are now The Little Green https://www.facebook.com/TheLittleGreenD8?fref=ts Still a bar and has djs etc, run by the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

What about plain old bars that stay open late though? A lot of these places seem more like a club-setting from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

What about plain old bars that stay open late though? A lot of these places seem more like a club-setting from what I can tell.

I would imagine the main bar in Whelan's would qualify. It's a normal, late bar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What about plain old bars that stay open late though?

Doyle's.

Corner of College St and D'Olier.

Decent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Ahaha! Ah I well acquainted with that particular bar. Good times. Was looking for a few other spots.. just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Capitol on Aungier St

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I went with the Library bar to start and moved on to Dakota.

I think it worked out well.....

• Advertisement

Another good one, not so well known. Mcgrattans in the Lane. off Baggot street. its down the side road where Tesco is.

Reall nice bar, espcially in Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Looking for recommendations around the Ballsbridge area this time.... I don't really have any experience of the are so any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement