Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Arsenal (19:45 GMT) Goodison Park (Not live on UK Terrestrial TV)

• 28-11-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

LINE-UPS - Everton v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Naismith, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic. Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Oviedo, Hitzlsperger, Gueye, Barkley, Vellios.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Walcott, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud. Subs: Mannone, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Gibbs.

Referee: Michael Oliver (Northumberland)

Big game tonight. Hoping Arsenal will nick it. Won't be easy though!

Game is not live on TV. Check streams yourself!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Is MOTD on tonight? Podolski not playing means Giroud has to be on his game. Good to see Rosicky back. Arsenal to win 3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Is MOTD on tonight? Podolski not playing means Giroud has to be on his game. Good to see Rosicky back. Arsenal to win 3-2

It is. 10:45pm on BBC1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

SHOW THEO THE MONEY!!! 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1 min gone great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah **** I missed it. My omelettes are acting up. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Good on ya Theo! You make your own luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Walcott ye boyah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Kosc off injured, Gibbs on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kosc off Gibbs on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

just switched on - missed the goal and what happened to Kos ?

• Advertisement

Crap. Kos walks off injured, Gibbs on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What station is it on or has anyone a recipe please.

What station is it on or has anyone a recipe please.

How do you do a recipe for it?

Everton on top here (apart from the score) passing and creating much better than we are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Story of our season. We've battered teams and ended up dropping points. We've conceded early goals in 7 games out of the last 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Sopcast recipe via Pm maybe? :)

Missed the goal because of my ****ty quality recipe!

Great defending Jack !

Arsenal looking very ponderous on the ball

Jesus Christ Ramsey. I'm sick of defending him at this stage, that was absolutely pants.

It's been coming although my stream crashed and i missed it

• Advertisement

Ramsey giving the ball away all the time.
    Not good enough when we were on top too.

Me too! Feck sake!!! 1-1

Have missed most of it but was Ramsey not the one who set up Walcott's goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A blind man could have setup that goal.

People prefer to forget when he does anything right and focus only on what he does wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

robby^5 wrote: »

People prefer to forget when he does anything right and focus only on what he does wrong.

Are you watching it?it was giroud who set it up ramsey cost us that goal

The problem is he does far too much wrong. He should be sent out on loan imo.

Fellaini fouls players and manages to get free kicks for it

No, not at all. I always defend Ramsey, I think he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism. However, this is the straw that broke the camel's back, I'm not going to defend him after he causes us to concede by giving the ball away yet again when he should have been in total control. Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Skills from Jack there, great to have him back

Are you watching it?it was giroud who set it up ramsey cost us that goal

Ramsey got the assist on our goal.

If Ramsey comes out for the 2nd half Wenger must have dementia, hes been incredibly bad.

Pretty poor from Arsenal on the whole - signs of improvement leading up to half time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Think that was Ramsey that gave it away again for the offside?

Very sloppy stuff, its not good enough really. I hope he turns out to be top class, but don't think he is good enough for the Arsenal first team at the moment.

AdamD wrote: »
    If Ramsey comes out for the 2nd half Wenger must have dementia, hes been incredibly bad.

To be honest, I'd rather he stays on over Gervinho. Can't see Wenger bringing on Ox over him, hope I'm wrong though.

• Advertisement

As I said, I literally only caught the last 15 minutes, but in that time Ramsey didn't seem that bad at all. The other players gave it away as much as he did at least in that time period.

[edit] also just saw their goal their. Arteta and Sagna were the ones that gave it away no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

dorgasm wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd rather he stays on over Gervinho. Can't see Wenger bringing on Ox over him, hope I'm wrong though.

I'd even take Gervinho over him, at least he might stumble his way to a goal. Ramsey's confidence looks shattered.

Probably too soon for Rosicky.

He pretty much gave them two 1 on 1s and he also gave the ball away in the lead up to the goal....its like hes on a mission to make us concede

AdamD wrote: »
    He pretty much gave them two 1 on 1s and he also gave the ball away in the lead up to the goal....its like hes on a mission to make us concede

Ok, I just didn't have a clue where all the abuse was coming from with what I've seen. Sometimes people just have certain go to players to blame it all on which Ramsey and Gervinho are now.

Ok, I just didn't have a clue where all the abuse was coming from with what I've seen. Sometimes people just have certain go to players to blame it all on which Ramsey and Gervinho are now.

Gervinho doesn't directly cost anything, he's an opportunity cost. Ramsey has generally been awful since he came back from injury.

Sounds like I missed a fun first half anyway.

• Advertisement

No. Ramsey has given the ball away 3 times in dangerous areas in the first half, one leading to their goal. Silly cross-field balls to Everton players with no Arsenal player within yards of the pass.
    I like Ramsey but not on this showing. He is too slow in moving the ball forward too which allows covering defenders time to get back, but he's not the only one guilty of that.
    Anyone else think Sagna is about a stone over-weight tonight and his left foot crossing has been very poor.

Gervinho doesn't directly cost anything, he's an opportunity cost. Ramsey has generally been awful since he came back from injury.

Aye Ramsey has been poor for most of the season, probably since the City game really.

I still maintain that Gervinho creates chances for us, even if he doesn't have a clue what he's doing most of the time.

I agree with this. Ramsey tends to lose it on the half way line facing our goal, Gervinho will lose it at their corner flag or clean through on their goal :pac:

Makes a big difference for our defence

I still maintain that Gervinho creates chances for us, even if he doesn't have a clue what he's doing most of the time.

Overall I see him as a mediocre choice on the wing. Overall the stuff he creates out of nothing is balanced by the chances that he should be creating. The match at the weekend summed him up, a chance to break and he stops to let the opposition get back. Other times he'll try and beat 3 players to get into a worse position than he could be in by just beating 1.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm starving, could do with a nice recipe for the second half? :pac:

Game is opening up, Everton looking more dangerous though. Brilliant defending from Gibbs there.

FFS Sagna has forgotten how to cross too.

Everton will be very unfortunate if they don't get another goal

Wanted to see a replay of the Szez save instead we get 30 secs of Baines' sideburns !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Szecney doing well in 2nd half so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement