Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on small office virtual network environment

Options
  • 28-11-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Advice on small office virtual network environment

I posted this in another sub forum, just reposting here to see if someone can assist.

I am looking for some advice to assist a friend. He is setting up an accounting practice in the country and wants to have his client server envirment in the "cloud". As he is setting up he will have one office location with the requirement to work remotely on server based software ( nothing too demanding but multi user access is a requirement). His plan is to work from another location 2-3 days a week and also to allow other employees access access from home. The office will be too small for dedicated IT resource and therefore the solution needs to be low maintenance.

I have found a Citrix solution here http://citrix.com/products/vdi-in-a-...ntref=prod_cat this seems to tick all the boxes but whenever I have seen Citrix before it seems quite expensive.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks for taking the time to read this so far.

Cionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Not fully understanding you, your link to Citrix is dead, cheap I.T in Office = laptops which employess can bring with them from place to place, as Accounts/CRM package is cloud based as long as you have good internet connection there should be no problem. A free Dropbox account for backing up sharing excel sheets will come in handy, good internet security product on laptop will be needed esp if working off dongles

Advertisement