Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Overdraft issue

Options
  • 28-11-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there,

I have an AIB student account and have a overdraft limit of 400 Euro. I rarely need to use it but I like to have it there just in case.

Well this month I unfortunately have had to use it. I'm back in black now but last week I received a letter from AIB.

It said:'Your facility expires soon'. It says my limit expires on the 31st of December and I'll have an interest surcharge of 12% per annum.

I'm not sure why I received this, because as far I understood there was no interest on student accounts. And I have been in red on occasion but have never heard from them.

I'll be calling them during the week to find out, but if anyone here might be able to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

AIB have started updating Student Plus accounts recently. If you are upgraded you have 12 months on their Graduate account after which point you pay the standard interest rates.

If you are still a Student call and ask to have the overdraft renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KillerToaster

Thanks. I called yesterday and should hear back next week.

Advertisement